GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a 3" BL on a '02 z-71 and don't want to put the original hitch back on with the 3" block spacers. I believe you can use a 2500HD hitch that will leave about a 1" space for the bolts that go into the bottom of the bumper. Does anyone have any pics of this setup? Is it only the HD hitches or any hitch for the 2500 series? Can anyone confirm this before I begin searching for a hitch? Would anyone know what years would work or any part numbers to look for? Sorry for all the questions, just want to get it right the first time so I don't have to drop more dimes than needed. Thanks in advanced for any help or ideas.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
yes the 2500 hitch will mount up 2"s higher. i bought one but havent put it on yet, you have to redrill the 2 rear holes on it and then make a 1" spacer for the front

·
BORN CHEVY
1,324 Posts
Here is how mine turned out on my truck but I have a 2" body lift. Also shows the holes you need to drill out.
hitch2.jpg

hitch1.jpg

hitch.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't find any hitches at the local salvage yards. Does anyone know if the hitch is the same for the 1500HD, 2500 and 2500HD or are they all different?

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
So on my 1500 hd, I won't need to get a new hitch right??

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
If you add a body lift, you will have a gap.

When I put one on my truck, the two holes in the bumper bolted up, and the rear most two did, but I had to drill for the front 4.
Oh. But the hitch I have is the same one non HDs use to cover the gap right??

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts