GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i was thinkin about goin with the black bear tune after hearing alot of positive feedback...

heres the deal. I just got a stock 07 vmax and I definitely want a tune... but I also want an intake and headers and full exhaust too. So should I get the tune now to see what my truck feels like or should I get the truck setup with the intake and exhaust mods and then tune it?

I know you can always send it back in to be retuned... but will they send you the data logger again when I put my headers on or is that only a one time deal?

Also, how much "better" do you think a real dyno tune would be to help out in the Mpg's and power department? thanks

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
I wish I had waited till I did a few other mods before I got mine. It's alot of trouble to get the cable tune again. I'd like to re gear mine and get headers

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
if you are able to get a dyno tune, i'd go for that :imo

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
a Real Dyno tune would be the best bet and will allow for the best gains

As far as waitin, well lthats kind of up to you. If its going to be a long while before you put headers and the intake on, then i say get it now and retune later. If its going to be pretty soon that you put them on, then wait till you get them done then tune. Its not going to hurt either way its just all a matter of whether you can wait or not

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
a Real Dyno tune would be the best bet and will allow for the best gains

As far as waitin, well lthats kind of up to you. If its going to be a long while before you put headers and the intake on, then i say get it now and retune later. If its going to be pretty soon that you put them on, then wait till you get them done then tune. Its not going to hurt either way its just all a matter of whether you can wait or not
:word:

I'd just wait until you get the headers and other stuff before getting the tune, but that's what I'd do.

I'm waiting to get one until I do a few other things.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I'm glad someone asked this becuase this just helped me to make my mind up to get the mods done first and then a dyno tune:shake:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm getting a tune from Justin (I'm on the wait list) on my 02 and it is fairly stock for now and I will have my new servo's on for the tune. I am gettin e-fans, exhaust, and headers next year. Thats just what I am doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts