GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Guinea Wop
Joined
·
14,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JustinSS, Owner of Black Bear Performance and affiliated with EFILive...

Is the man. FAST shipping, awesome product (of course)

Excellent Transaction A+++++

Thanks so much man :head:

DSC01024.jpg
 

·
resident pyromaniac
Joined
·
7,498 Posts
i bought a book yesterday on tuning. after i finish reading i plan to buy one of those myself:drool:
 

·
It's Jerry's World
Joined
·
3,573 Posts

·
resident pyromaniac
Joined
·
7,498 Posts
thats the same book that i bought yesterday! efilive had a course in GA about a month ago that i would've liked to have attended but wouldnt' have worked with my schedule. that 2nd book looks good as well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
thats the same book that i bought yesterday! efilive had a course in GA about a month ago that i would've liked to have attended but wouldnt' have worked with my schedule. that 2nd book looks good as well!

Another book to get is by Ben Strader, the owner of EFI101.com.

Edit: You'll likely get a lot out of the 101 course, even though it's focused much, much more on the tuning theory than the application of it to the GM PCM.

We've talked about having a course there in GA at some point after the DFW course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Already suggested it to him since I'll be fairly close there in Albany (I'm the instructor for that course). But when it comes down to it, only about 40% of the course would be useful to him, as he only has scan tool functionality. The remaining 60% is going through the tune tool and different tables in the PCM and then a few demonstrations on the dyno. :D
 

·
resident pyromaniac
Joined
·
7,498 Posts
Another book to get is by Ben Strader, the owner of EFI101.com.

Edit: You'll likely get a lot out of the 101 course, even though it's focused much, much more on the tuning theory than the application of it to the GM PCM.

We've talked about having a course there in GA at some point after the DFW course.
Need to have one in Myrtle Beach, SC :read: :anitoof:
 

·
Mayhem, Like Me
Joined
·
3,087 Posts
no classes on the schedule for VA???

-I'm scraping pennies as we speak Justin... LOL...
 

·
Resident Guinea Wop
Joined
·
14,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Already suggested it to him since I'll be fairly close there in Albany (I'm the instructor for that course). But when it comes down to it, only about 40% of the course would be useful to him, as he only has scan tool functionality. The remaining 60% is going through the tune tool and different tables in the PCM and then a few demonstrations on the dyno. :D
Clarify for me, the "tune" portion is right there, I only have to pay to have it unlocked?

The hardware I purchased is capable of tuning, I'm just locked out of it on the software end and only need to purchase a serial number to enter?
 

·
My Dixie Wrecked
Joined
·
5,510 Posts
Another book to get is by Ben Strader, the owner of EFI101.com.

Edit: You'll likely get a lot out of the 101 course, even though it's focused much, much more on the tuning theory than the application of it to the GM PCM.

We've talked about having a course there in GA at some point after the DFW course.
I'd like to attend this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Nice, im real close to Schenectady, I would definitely attend this If i was going to get the tuner package with the scantool also. I dont think it would be worth it unless you plan on tuning yourself, which is what its meant for anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Clarify for me, the "tune" portion is right there, I only have to pay to have it unlocked?

The hardware I purchased is capable of tuning, I'm just locked out of it on the software end and only need to purchase a serial number to enter?
Yes and no. The hardware need to have it's license changed in the flash memory in order to be able to be tuned and then you'll need to have licenses added to it. The upgrade cost will add in two licenses as well as enable the tuning capabilities. :D

no classes on the schedule for VA???

-I'm scraping pennies as we speak Justin... LOL...
Sorry, not yet... LOL

I'd like to attend this.
Be on the lookout. I'll post up here shortly about the current two classes and then about the GA class once it's on the schedule.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top