GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm interested in buying a black bear tune, but had some questions I wanted to clear up.

1) Traditional vs Data Logging, is it worth the extra $100? How is it better?

2) If I have them send me a tuned PCM, and I send them my stock one, I get the $100 core charge back for the PCM, correct?

3) 87 vs 93 Octane. Is it worth the upgrade? Will I notice that much more power? What are the differences.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
263 Posts
1. Yes the data logging tune is better because it specifically tunes the pcm from a log you run and isnt something they just send out.

2. Yes you get the core charge back

3. 93 octane is well worth it if you can afford it lol and make sure when you choose a octane dont run any lower than what you tune to bc your knock will be bad and loose power.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will having a vette servo affect anything?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
just the firmness of the shift...i'm sure if you tell him you've got one then he'll know what to do with it

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know how long it typically takes if I do the data cable and have them send me a new PCM?

·
Registered
263 Posts
well it all depends on how long it takes you to get your truck logged and sent off to him and he usually doesnt take tht long to send it back with the tune.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Does anyone know how long it typically takes if I do the data cable and have them send me a new PCM?
its pretty quick once you send them teh data cable and they return the pcm to you, probably a week turn around. But, the issue comes into play to get teh actual data cable. You will need to ask them how long it will take to get it b/c I believe a lot of others are in line waiting to get one to use. They are in HIGH DEMAND right now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts