GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running black chrome wheels on their truck? I've found some that look sweet, but a studio picture of just the wheel is hard to say how it will look on a truck. Could you post pictures of them please?

Is the care any different than a standard chrome wheel? I'm not big on aluminum polished wheels because of more intense care and polishing I had on wheels a few years ago and don't want that again.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Your probably referring to the painted black wheels (usually powder coated) and then clear coated to give them shine.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The picture you posted Cameronswmp9 is black chrome. You posted a black painted wheel 00silvyON. They don't even look the same.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Black chrome looks like chrome wheels that haven't been washed in weeks imo

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
'Black chrome' is different than painted black and cleared. Black chrome has 'depth' to it similar to chrome wheel where a black wheel won't have that depth to it.

They are two different finishes and if seen side by side there is a very clear difference between them.
Yea, but finding many wheels in black chrome is hard. Clear coated black is very common.

I do realize black chrome is a wheel finish, not the same as painted & CC'd. I forgot to say that.

Although that above wheel looked almost machined & black/CC'd on my screen

·
Registered
44 Posts
Best bet is to look for a night runner dodge. To me they look great on a on certain color vehicles, white, gray and black. And pretty bad on other colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Best bet is to look for a night runner dodge. To me they look great on a on certain color vehicles, white, gray and black. And pretty bad on other colors.

^^ someone around me has one and it fits perfectly..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The sub is white, so that should fit and look great. Almost the 'storm trooper' look, but not completely. And I don't see many black chrome wheels out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts