GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for this type of grill guard in black. Is there a brand thats better than another?

Also would like to hear pros and cons about them....

·
[>
3,255 Posts
camnut said:
I am looking for this type of grill guard in black. Is there a brand thats better than another?

Also would like to hear pros and cons about them....

What Year/model truck, and Ill try to find some.. Cant thing of any right off the top of my head, but Ill look.

BD

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I had a push bumper like that on an old Ford I had. Not a lot of protection but look good. There is a couple new silvy's around town that have those on, they look good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
99 Tahoe 4x4 but soon to have a suspension lift. Will the lift affect the install or is that only when a body lift is added too?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The one that I had just bolted to the bumper and nothing else. Shouldn't be to much of a problem with the BL & no prob with the sup. lift.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Isnt that the GoRhino product you have a picture of?

Im about positive that they offer that in Black Powdercoat, but not 100%. If they have a Email or Phone# on there site, maby give them a call. For some reason I remember them having it, but not listing the black version on there site.:think:

As far as the suspension lift.. That shouldnt have anything to do with it.

What kind of lift setup are you planning on running?

BD

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'd go for a ranch hand, they're quite strong. Or, if you can figure out who made mine, its a pretty strong one too. It has places for 2 lights on it and it would be easy to add more. It also leaves enough room free on it to where you may be able to put a front reciever hitch on it without too much trouble. Whatever you do, DONT get the kind that come in pieces and bolt together, they're weak as hell and shake apart quickly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BigBubbaBD said:
Isnt that the GoRhino product you have a picture of?

Im about positive that they offer that in Black Powdercoat, but not 100%. If they have a Email or Phone# on there site, maby give them a call. For some reason I remember them having it, but not listing the black version on there site.:think:

As far as the suspension lift.. That shouldnt have anything to do with it.

What kind of lift setup are you planning on running?

BD
Yes, that is GoRhino but it is a 3 piece and i would rather stay away from those.

I am having the Rancho kit put in.

Whifflebat......thanks, think i was reading a thread where you stated to stay away from the bolt togethers and i am :grin: As far as Ranch Hand, i contacted them many months ago about their new grill guard but it sounded like they dont make many applications. But i will check again!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
^^^^
Get their bullnose guard that would be about what your looking for and be much much stronger.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Todd said:
^^^^
Get their bullnose guard that would be about what your looking for and be much much stronger.

i work for ranch hand, we dont make the bullnose for the OBS chevys anymore. just the 99-02s ant 03+. i had one on my 95 Z71, but they have been discontinued. i can give discounts for GMFS members, and now that i have a digital camera, im gonna try to get some current pics up for people interested. ask whatever questions you need camnut, i sell other products besides ranch hand, and am quite familiar with many grille guards. like whiffle said, stay away from the bolt togethers!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks lowred.....i really like that Ranch Hand push bar, that sucks they dont make it in many applications, thats what i am looking for. Guess i will keep searching till i find something i like, but dont mind the ones with the bumper like the bullnose, just have not found anything i like. It would be great to see some of products you sell, you might be selling something i have not seen yet.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
camnut said:
Thanks lowred.....i really like that Ranch Hand push bar, that sucks they dont make it in many applications, thats what i am looking for. Guess i will keep searching till i find something i like, but dont mind the ones with the bumper like the bullnose, just have not found anything i like. It would be great to see some of products you sell, you might be selling something i have not seen yet.
i got a pushbar in for the 88-98 body style today. just no more bullnoses.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
You cant put a winch on just a bolt on guard like that, especially if it just goes on the bumper. You would rip it right off. I had a manik before my ranchhand replacement and you couldnt pull from it, it would just bend foward.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
You cant put a winch on just a bolt on guard like that, especially if it just goes on the bumper. You would rip it right off. I had a manik before my ranchhand replacement and you couldnt pull from it, it would just bend foward.

Although I think you could have mounted a front reciever with it...thats what I plan on doing on mine someday when I win that lotteryl

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
camnut said:
What brand is that? Any pics of it?
it is a ranch hand product. basically it is the center section of the grille guard, minus the mesh. i can take pics. stephen is right, you cannot winch off of this product, or any of our grille guards for that fact. the reason being is that they mount OVER the existing bumper. when we do a full replacement, we take off the factory bumper and use our own brackets straight to the frame. this makes for much better strength and durability.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts