GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a white 03 sierra that i am currently doing a white out package on (mirrors, door and tailgate handles, etc.) but i cant figure out what to do with that sore thumb of a tailgate cap. Do them make white ones? Would i have to paint it? Are there holes under it? If so where are the holes, how far from the top are they? I eventually want to put a spray in liner and a tonneau cover on it and i want to do it with out any black showing. if anyone has any ideas or experiance i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are four holes on the outside of the gate. You will see the four screws that hold it on. You will have to weld the holes up and paint it, if you want to lose the wide ugle taillgate protector. They don't make them in any color but black. You will have to paint it if you want it to match.

Trey

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
You guys beat me to the punch, that's 3 votes for the SS cap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill have to look into the ss cap. any idea what they cost? an arm? a leg? both? any one know anywhere in phx. AZ that i could get it painted at?

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
y2ksierra would be able to answer that question for you.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
az03sierra said:
ill have to look into the ss cap. any idea what they cost? an arm? a leg? both? any one know anywhere in phx. AZ that i could get it painted at?

They are 149 from the dealer in primer. A little pricey for a piece of plastic since you could put that money towards some shaving :D I got my cap used from a truck that put a tonneau cover on for a very attractive price! Your best bet is going to be to find a SS owner who went to a tonneau and no longer has use for their cap.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are there any caps to cover up the holes that are small enough to still allow a tanneau cover to go over them? I just didnt like the look of the snugtop that came out an extra inch or so to cover the factory cap.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
way2hi said:
Stylin concepts also has one that's a little more flush and smoothed out, if ya'd rather have that look
werd to that... i busted out my stylin' concepts mag and found you a part number or 2... fits nice and almost flush....

Smooth Paintable Style: CK590
Textured Black Style: CK592

good luck...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts