GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a black tool box..the one you can't see. Just wondering about what items not to put in them? Wouldn't it get pretty hot in there being black in the summer time? I usually carry a couple cans of spray paint for touch ups behind my seat. Would this be ok to put in there? Prolly put oils in there for my bike. What do ya'll think?

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
You can keep paint in them no problem. Mine has 2 stroke oil, starting fluid, carb cleaner, wd 40, pb blaster, etc and I have never had a problem.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
If I would be willing to keep it in my cab, I am willing to keep it in my toolbox, unless it is moisture sensitive.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just paint in an aerosol can for touching up frame and other things. I didn't know if the aerosol cans would get hot and blow up or something, but I guess I'm good.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
i have a black one and i've never actually noticed it getting particularly hot in there even when it's 100+ outside like it is now. i have spray paint and all kinds of oil in there almost all the time with no issue. it's a hell of a lot cooler than having them in the bed with the sun beating down on them (which i have done too lol)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but know fitting your motor scooter in there will be even more of a bitch than it is now.

Prolly gonna get me a little 6x12 enclosed trailer.

Thanks guys. I have been wanting one and the only thing holding me back was I was worried about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts