GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I emailed black bear in regards to a few questions I have and haven't heard back. I sent the email Sunday just curious if it usually takes a few days for a response? Thank you for any and all info

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
takes a few business days to hear back. Monday was a holiday so its only been 1 business day. Don't email again or you will get bumped to the back of the line....that's just how their email system is set up.

·
Vendor
3,605 Posts
The guys were off on Monday, and back up and running yesterday. They receive hundreds of emails every day. So coming back from a weekend, they are pretty slammed.

But, I guarantee that every email received is answered!

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
iirc the XERs have an aggressive lobe profile...meaning that the valves open quicker. its a healthy cam but would need a higher stall torque converter than original. Because of the more aggressive profile, I wouldn't run it on a daily vehicle...just me though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which stall would be best for this application? I won't run it as a daily, 65 degrees and warmer only! Will it hurt it to be run without the stall put in for awhile? Reason I ask is I'm pretty sure the guy has been driving it with the stock stall for awhile? Thank you for the help trying to learn as ,c and h as I can as fast as possible.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
it wont "hurt" anything other than performance. circle d 3500 would probably work good in there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the help now I just need t buy the truck and find a shop here locally to install it for me!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I agree, that cam would defanitly be a dog down low without a stall.
something in the 34-3600 range would make it a lot more fun to drive.
make sure you add a good trans cooler aswell.
black bear has tuned all my setups, Justin is a busy guy so give him a little time and he will get you taken care of

·
07 NNBS
237 Posts
Im stoked, ive got an appointment for them Saturday for an in person tune. I was told to specify the content of your email in the subject line, and make sure you send it to the right email address. So my Email subject line said something like " questions regarding in person tune" and I heard back the next day.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Tru-Cool Max LPD47391 47391 Low Pressure Drop Transmission Oil Cooler [ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0060NKA1U[/ame]

trucool is what 99% of the people run..its what I run :)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I run a tru cool 40k aswell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I pulled the trigger and bought the truck I'd been looking at and learned that MC racing had previously tuned the truck and they lock their tunes! What will I have to do to be able to let bbp tune it? Not real thrilled, I will have MC tune it if I have to but really considering driving down to Bentonville AR next month to do an in person tune. Any advice?

·
07 NNBS
237 Posts
I just got my truck tuned by Justin last Saturday. Went down to San Diego and had the in person done. On the way down with 33s, 2.5" level, Cold Air, and vette servo. I was averaging 18mpgs with typical traffic going through LA and into SD, that's with air off, cruise set at 70. On the way back I made MULTIPLE full throttle pulls from 50 to 100+ and cruised at a comfortable 85(trying to rush before rush hour) and managed 18.5MPGS! I was beyond stoked on this. After this Im contemplating the TruCool 30k unit because I have 2 9" Spotlights behind my grille and it limits the space I have for a cooler. Current trans temps are in the 160 range but outside temps are only in the 70s and im wanting to be prepared for the summer temps+traffic.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
So I pulled the trigger and bought the truck I'd been looking at and learned that MC racing had previously tuned the truck and they lock their tunes! What will I have to do to be able to let bbp tune it? Not real thrilled, I will have MC tune it if I have to but really considering driving down to Bentonville AR next month to do an in person tune. Any advice?
Buy a pcm from justin and he can tune that for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pardon the stupid questions if I purchase a pcm ahead of time not real shure if I can make that work because I would have to do the relearn and if I do that I don't think my truck will run correctly for me to be able to drive down that day.

·
Vendor
3,605 Posts
What mods do you have? The only relearn you would new before the meet, would be the security relearn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cam springs full exhaust intake and the current set up has been tuned by another company. I was under the assumption with putting in a new pcm it would be back to stock settings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts