GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'05 Chevy 2500HD
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I've been getting this code frequently since I installed my bb tune. I have replaced both sensors before the tune, and light never cam back till after tune. I ohmed the sensors and they test good. I replaced the harness because of a broken connector and it came back. It doesnt come on constantly. I will go a few hundred mi before it comes back. It comes on while I'm in tow haul mode mainly. Just towed 5k camper 190mi and light came on when I got there. Cleared and 10 min into drive home it came back. I have emailed Justin but got no response. I know he's busy, so I'm not angry, but I am pretty displeased. Has anyone ever had this issue?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Howdy, I've been getting this code frequently since I installed my bb tune. I have replaced both sensors before the tune, and light never cam back till after tune. I ohmed the sensors and they test good. I replaced the harness because of a broken connector and it came back. It doesnt come on constantly. I will go a few hundred mi before it comes back. It comes on while I'm in tow haul mode mainly. Just towed 5k camper 190mi and light came on when I got there. Cleared and 10 min into drive home it came back. I have emailed Justin but got no response. I know he's busy, so I'm not angry, but I am pretty displeased. Has anyone ever had this issue?
What king of gas are you putting in? Did you get it tuned for 93 octane?

·
'05 Chevy 2500HD
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the 89 tune as recommended by justin. Never put less in. I actually put a full tank of 91 in for my trip. Light came on after I dropped off my camper and drove down the street and not hammering it either.

·
'05 Chevy 2500HD
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a tradition tune done. He just sent me a tuned ecu. I had to do a crank relearn as well. I would like him to comment on this to find out what my options are. I would like to get it retuned, or last resort, get a stock tune. I actually was getting 15-16 mpgs right after the tune. But it didnt take long and I was down to 11-12.

·
'05 Chevy 2500HD
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just emailed bb again so hopefully I get a response.

·
Registered
401 Posts
pm them on here jenna gets back to you faster then there email. but she will probably say to email them. but let her know through PM so they can keep a eye on your email

·
'05 Chevy 2500HD
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thanks yall for the help. I think I'm gonna change my plugs in the meantime. I've only got about 10k on them, but they are autolite iradium. I've read some not so good reviews on them. I should have put a question mark at the end of my post title, since I'm not sure its the tune causing it, but a likely candidate. What is their username?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts