GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 3" Super 40 Flowmaster on my 94' 2dr. Blazer on the stock tailpipe. I picked up a new Magnaflow muffer and dual pre-bent tailpipes up at Carlisle a few weekends ago. Finally got around to installing them. I know I've heard alot of talk about the Magnaflow outflowing Flowmasters and all. It may be psychelogical (sp?), but it does feel alot better with the new setup. The tailpipes were made for C/K pickups, but I made them work, and only needed to shorten the overall length of both, and one cut and reindex of the other. It sounds good too, actually better to me. I've always been a Flowmaster fan, especially the "hollow" sound. The video's (below) make the Flowmaster sound louder, but in person they are about the same idling, and the Magnaflow sounds better cruising. New stainless Magnaflows tips coming too!

Anyway, heres some pics and before and after video's:

Old Super 40 Flowmaster:
View My Video

New Magnaflow:
View My Video

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
nice man

selling the flowmaster?

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Sounds good. I have the same muffler waiting to go on. But I am re-doing my entire exhaust. Going to have it all re-bent and re-installed close to the cab/body.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I like the setup now. I ordered some new Magnaflow tips today, and will get some pics once they're on. Next on the exhaust list is headers and cat-delete or a high flow, not sure yet!

The Flowmaster Super 40 will be forsale if my dad doesn't end up wanting me to put it on his Durango. I'll let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts