GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im selling my '85 GMC Sierra.. cant affoard it no more, but i am saving the super swampers off of it :naughty:

I have my eye on a nice 1996 chevy ex. cab shortbox im probably guna end up buying, but im guna want a wheelin rig so heres the problem:

If i buy an older 3/4 ton 4x4 chevy pickup, i will already have the heavier axles to start off with, but theres a nice 1977 chevy k5 blazer here in town i can get for cheap cheap, but its only got a 12 bolt in the rear of it. This 2nd vehicle has to be somewhat road worthy, but im guna beat on it as well. im thinkin leavin the back top off, tube doors in the summer, and 35 inch tires with 0 lift... just :superhack the rusty fenders a little until i get money for a big big lift. So what do you think i should do? Start with a 3/4 ton pickup? or buy this chevy blazer and go from there? Its nothing to me to swap some rearends under it, no problem. but im just wondering if there are any advantages to either vehicle. never owned a blazer before...

thanks

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
blazer = shorter wheel base which can be nice. Is the truck a longbed? What engine?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Whifflebat said:
Blazers rock, I love the short wheel base. They also have a nice front to back weight distribution.
:word: The short wheelbase is awesome most of the time, and because of the removable top and short wheelbase, they do have a great weight distribution. Theres been a few times where I have been able to climb some hills in 2wd, where most of the other people had to do it in 4wd, b/c they have trucks, and as we all know, theres not enough weight over the ass end. I say go for the Blazer, even though a newer truck would be great for a daily driver.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The truck im looking at is a 1976 K2500 with a 350/4speed and they want 1500 for it...

the blazer in town is a 1976 with a 400/TH350/NP203.. i think i'v already decided on the blazer. im guna test drive it for about a week or so and see if i like it. He only wants 600 bucks for it, and the engine has about 20,000 miles and tranny has about 10,000.

RedneckDude- I'm buying both a newer chevy pickup and an old beater.... the old one is guna be my off-roading rig, and the newer pickup is guna be the trailer-puller.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
The 3/4t sounds like a good truck and the blazer is a killer deal too, hard to wrong with that choice. You know which one gets my vote :crazy:

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Get the Blazer- you'll love the K5, garaunteed :grin:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
BuiltNotBought99 said:
I would go with the blazer man. I wanted a truck when I bought my K5 and i'm so glad now that I ended up with the K5 i love it.
MrFleming007 said:
Get the Blazer- you'll love the K5, garaunteed :grin:
Yall are both a lil late...he already bought it a couple weeks ago... :read:

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup.. bought it.....good rig. i cant wait to get doing some big mods to it..

i liked my GMC better, just because the interior was near perfect and it had 10 inches of lift, but the blazer is coming along :anitoof:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts