GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I had a little fun last night with some scrap strap, a welder, a big hammer, a hacksaw, an anvil and a bench vise. A while back I backed into a rock or something and banged the crap out of my diff cover and made it leak. Well, yesterday I unbanged the dent, and built this diff guard. I really have no idea how much protection it'll give me, but I had a blast building it. Its made out of some strap that I didn't measure but pulled out of the scrap heap. Its bolted down at each end, and welded in the middle. I stood on it and it didn't move, so maybe it'll do something. I can remove it too if it ends up being too tall and hitting my gas tank. :D And best of all, my diff doesn't leak.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
nice job andy...looks like it should hold up to some stuff...and yes, its very bling

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Whifflebat said:
I had a blast building it
Thats what its all about :head:

Looks good. Looks like it would do the trick :head: :head:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I guess its like most offroadin stuff thats supposed to be tough...its rarely pretty, except to those who know what purpose it really serves...beautiful to me tho

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Looks cool :D

Have any problem getting those bolts in the cover under the shield?

Cameron

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Physh1 said:
Looks cool :D

Have any problem getting those bolts in the cover under the shield?

Cameron
All it took was time, somehow I managed to get the holes in the right spots, so it lined up pretty good. Maybe an act of God was involved... :crazy:

It was pretty much free too, except for the 4 hours it took me to build it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts