GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Cadillac's Escalade became a big hit after Jennifer Lopez mentioned the SUV in her song, "Love Don't Cost a Thing."
You have got to be kidding me... :flame:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Do people not have a mind of their own anymore? Just cuz some "rapper" mentions a Cadillac Escalade people have to go out and buy one. I'm all for doing what you like if you want an Escalade get one but not because it’s the popular thing to do.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I will agree that Hip Hip had to do somewhat with SOME of the success of the Cadillac Escalade. However, it would of done just as well without the Hip Hop influence. It's a great SUV.

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
Rock Crawlers would be awesome. :head:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
hovisimo said:
i'd like to see fuckin' rock crawlers in a rap video.
I have seen a few lifted trucks in rap videos. Ludacris had a lifted white chevy in one of his, was pretty cool :head:

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
i would love to see a rap video out in the desert with some cool rapper wearing a cowboy hat and doing a little offroading

·
Registered
50 Posts
Doughboy said:
I will agree that Hip Hip had to do somewhat with SOME of the success of the Cadillac Escalade. However, it would of done just as well without the Hip Hop influence. It's a great SUV.
:LOL:

If you say so. Everybody knows it's just a rebadged Tahoe and Suburban. And you don't see those things filling out Rim and Lowering shops. If you happen to check out any number of automotive magazines prior to GM selling that abomination, you would notice an incredible move towards normal people not really liking it. Hip-Hop and pop culture sold that thing. And GM is laughing all the way to the bank.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
c2ingram said:
:LOL:

Everybody knows it's just a rebadged Tahoe and Suburban. And you don't see those things filling out Rim and Lowering shops. If you happen to check out any number of automotive magazines prior to GM selling that abomination, you would notice an incredible move towards normal people not really liking it. Hip-Hop and pop culture sold that thing. And GM is laughing all the way to the bank.

umm, sure its on the same platform as the Tahoe and Surburban, but almost every part is different. I drove one about a month ago, it was similar to my truck, but nicer in every, and i mean every, way. All the little pieces are different, the front end is different, the body cladding is different, far from "rebadged"

I don't see how "Hip-Hop or Pop Culture" has sold the thing...for the most part i see well-established, older people driving them, not the typical rap video viewers :haha:

Hands down, its the best SUV i have ever driven.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
The only people that the rap/hip hop community has sold escys to is other rap artists...and even with as many as their are...they number of escys they bought doesn't matter a bit to GM...sure its a few thousand, but its not like GM is gonna go broke w/o those...Sure they show up in more music vids, but who cares...rappers mention farraris, lambos...all those kinda cars, and they don't help them sell very much...and steves right, 98% of the people i see drivin escys are older well established people...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, I guess my Alaska world is showing through. :D In the past 10 years, I've spent almost a year in the good 'ol U.S of A. Alaska doesn't really count because we're so far out there...it's more llike Hawaii in that respect. But the only people I ever saw driving those things were the young, affluent progeny of the MTV generation. Don't get me wrong, a lot of them looked real good on 20's, 22's and so on. Dropped a few inches and with some good paint on them. Just like any other truck done right. But the only way they would know what was cool was if they saw it on MTV. So in that respect, the success of the escalade, at least in Alaska, :imo was due to pop culture.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts