GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I bought my truck used (06 Sierra) and b/c the previous owner had cut some wires in the dash for aftermarket radio, I'm thinking something may be wrong. Selling dealer fixed dash harness, I've checked harness at amp, and all four speakers all is good. I put new BOSE speakers up front, as well as Dynamtted all doors. System lacks punch....sounds flat. Woffer works b/c I can feel air come out of the port under dash, forward of console.

By comparison, the radio in my NON BOSE 04 yukon with the UQ3 option sounds way better stock. It sounds even better after putting Alpine type S 6.5" in the doors, with stock tweaters in door, Diamond audio 6.5" in rear doors, and stock tweaters in the rear pillers. I can pop in my old CD single of DA BRAT "Funkdafied" and turn up loud with BASS at "0" treb at "2" and mid at "1" and it sounds strong with no distortion. Is my BLOSE in the other truck working right? How could it be such an epic fail?

Thanks!!

Mr. 960

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
WAG here, but if the original wires were cut and then repaired, maybe they got polarity on the speakers out of phase.

ie: one speaker is hooked up properly, but the other is neg-to-pos. That would cause one speaker to essentially cancel out the sound of the other, because as it pushes, the other would be pulling.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check that..... thanks! I worked when I got the truck. But, I could not get On Star to work. Took it back to the selling GM dealer and they fixed it under a warrenty clame. I'd think all wires are color marked, so hopefully that is not it.

Mr. 960

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bump?

Okay, so maybee it does not sound that bad? But my yukon does sound better. My O6 SS Monte Carlo also has BOSE and that too sounds better, but then again it's a car w/ 6x9's in the rear.

One thing I notice about our trucks is the tweater is placed in the inner A piller facing away from us at the windshield. Sitting back you loose the highs; however, if I plaster my face to the steering wheel then the radio sounds better b/c I can hear the highs.

Can an auto radio shop fab me up a template mounting to turn these things out a bit?

Mr. 960

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
Bump?

Okay, so maybee it does not sound that bad? But my yukon does sound better. My O6 SS Monte Carlo also has BOSE and that too sounds better, but then again it's a car w/ 6x9's in the rear.

One thing I notice about our trucks is the tweater is placed in the inner A piller facing away from us at the windshield. Sitting back you loose the highs; however, if I plaster my face to the steering wheel then the radio sounds better b/c I can hear the highs.

Can an auto radio shop fab me up a template mounting to turn these things out a bit?

Mr. 960
imo BOSE has too much highs and not enough lows.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i'm gonna do the lux escalade amp update this summer.... I like stock appearence. Granted XM is compressed files so some channels do not sound as good. Radio and CD sound better. My system has bass, but no highs; treible has to be turned up to #4 to even sound halfway deacent. But if you just hear it with a normal ear, I guess it does what BOSE and GM intended to do. Fill the cab with music in a way that you can't really tell where the sound is coming from, if that makes any sense.

Mr. 960

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump any more bose critiques???

Am I just expecting too much from BOSE??? Actualy, if you pump it up it makes my heavy ass on star mirror viberate. So it does have some punch to it:)

Mr. 960

1 - 8 of 8 Posts