GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pulled my TB off to inspect and clean while i was of in ADD world while putting on my lt's and noticed what looked to be some possible oil residue in the intake manifold? just enough that if you wiped it it would put grease on your finger. I may need to do a compression test to check the rings but is this ok or should this be something that concerns me?:think::think::think::think:

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
this is from your pcv valve, this takes like some oil mist from your valve cover and puts it into the TB to burn so it has better emmissions lol

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the biggest pile of bull ive ever heard! why would gm do a thing like that? not like i car to much about emissions with no cats and the occassional race gas mix! lol! I blame the O-zone problem on Obama! bwhahahaha!:lazer:

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
thats the biggest pile of bull ive ever heard! why would gm do a thing like that? not like i car to much about emissions with no cats and the occassional race gas mix! lol! I blame the O-zone problem on Obama! bwhahahaha!
its been on cars since atleast the early 80s, its to prevent you from dumping overflow oil onto the ground,

its no big deal, just clean out the oil, and dont worry

·
Farmer/Warranty Killer!
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man! appreciate it! cleaned the oil out but that eases my mind for sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts