GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting the Cadillac Escalade Arrival Blue chrome door handles to put on my Indigo Blue/Pewter Yukon, but was wondering how close the blue color's would be?

Does anybody have pictures of the arrival blue?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Won't be close at all...it would likely look very out of place. Do you not have the colormatched doorhandles on your tahoe now? If not the part numbers are on our main page in the "useful part numbers" tech article :) I used them to buy the handles on my truck.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Couldn't find an Escalade in arrival blue (BTW I think they already stopped making that color) but I did find a Silverado SS in the same color.

As you can tell...there is a big difference between your rig's color and that one. I would stick to your stock handles (since they are already painted), but that is just my $0.02. If you really want the Escalade look you'll probably have to order some in another color and have them painted.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
It will definately look weird... if you don't want them to match perfectly maybe paint them pewter? :think:

Also, there are 5 variables in our indigo blue color that you can order from Chevy.. there's "darker than," "lighter than," "greener than," and I think "sparklier than" and some other one.. so you may want to consider that...? :bowtie:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I already have the body colored door handles, but I thought the chrome handles would contrast nicely with the pewter and chrome along the bottom.

Yoskater, isn't your truck Indigo blue? Where did you get your chrome handles?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Grover said:
Thanks Justin, that's the information I was looking for.

I found this auction for a complete set of 4 ready to paint. That's a pretty good price.
Just FYI...I bought two new ones from the dealer for 75 dollars with tax and everything. And i overpaid at the time. 175 is way too much for 4 handles, especially since they want 15 shipping on top.

Onyx Black Escalade (chrome handle) door handles:
15745149 Front LH
15745148 Front RH
15745141 Rear LH
15745140 Rear RH

There are the numbers for the "ready to paint" ones, they will come in gloss black.

Go to www.gmpartsdirect.com and put the numbers in. You will notice they are 35 dollar each brand new. I'm not sure what their shipping will be, but if i remember correctly it was outrageous on my two handles. You should try and find a better place to order them from that will be close to the price, but without the expensive shipping.

Hope this helps you out...i'd watch out at Ebay Escalade handles though...these people are likely making alot of money on them.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
yoskater said:
It will definately look weird... if you don't want them to match perfectly maybe paint them pewter? :think:

Also, there are 5 variables in our indigo blue color that you can order from Chevy.. there's "darker than," "lighter than," "greener than," and I think "sparklier than" and some other one.. so you may want to consider that...? :bowtie:
Is it the same thing for Charcoal gray? I got my snuglid and when I received it, it was lighter than the rest of my truck. My Medium metallic charcoal gray has a greenish tint to it. Snuglid repainted it, and now Im goin thru the samething with my shaved tailgate/rollpan that was blended. Are there different color codes for these tints? How would I go about finding the formula? Thanks, Adam

·
Banned
228 Posts
Thats wierd.. I get all my painted parts from GM and on the color code sheet I have there is no options for different tinting. Also all Indigo blue mirror caps I sold in the past or grey etc always matched.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Sweet...but is there no way to order online? Do you have to call them up? I'd be interested in that tailgate handle, but I didn't see any prices listed for any of their items...am I just looking in the wrong place?

(Oh, and not to get off topic too much, but atom: did you ever get that chrome Escalade handle for your tailgate, and if so how does it look? If it worked out I'd rather order OEM parts rather than aftermarket.)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
Is it the same thing for Charcoal gray? I got my snuglid and when I received it, it was lighter than the rest of my truck. My Medium metallic charcoal gray has a greenish tint to it. Snuglid repainted it, and now Im goin thru the samething with my shaved tailgate/rollpan that was blended. Are there different color codes for these tints? How would I go about finding the formula? Thanks, Adam
That's funny because when I got my Snugtop put on, I noticed it was greener than the rest of my truck.. but you can't really tell unless I were to tell you. My paint guy is the one who told me about the variables (darker, lighter, etc.) for my paint color, and we spent 45 minutes looking all around his office for those paint sample booklets until we found the 2002-GM section.

I'm not sure if there are any variables with your color, I would say try calling the dealer but sometimes that doesn't go too good.. maybe go to a paint shop that does a lot of GM trucks..? Good luck :bowtie:

·
Registered
639 Posts
HumanZoom said:
Sweet...but is there no way to order online? Do you have to call them up? I'd be interested in that tailgate handle, but I didn't see any prices listed for any of their items...am I just looking in the wrong place?

(Oh, and not to get off topic too much, but atom: did you ever get that chrome Escalade handle for your tailgate, and if so how does it look? If it worked out I'd rather order OEM parts rather than aftermarket.)
stylin concepts sells thouse handles......as for the tailgate handle it worked but it didnt look right to me. So I am going with all painted handles from SS silverado. Should be selling my escalade handles sooon if anyone was wanting a pair of onyx black ones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts