GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I detailed a BMW over a week ago, but was unable to get pictures until today... Long story so I wont get into it. Anyways here are some of the pictures of today, keep in mind it is a week later and it has been used slightly.
*I'd like to add that this car is about 8 years old and has less then 45,000 miles on it and is for sale if anyone is interested*

Of course Chris had to post some pics of his M3 and make me look bad.......

Before-
BMW006.jpg

BMW007.jpg

BMW009.jpg

BMW010.jpg

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After-

Hood
BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall096.jpg

BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall099.jpg

BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall100.jpg

Trunk
BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall102.jpg

BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall113.jpg

BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall120.jpg

BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall122.jpg

BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall148.jpg

BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall139.jpg

BMWRodeoWoodsideWinterBall140.jpg

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:roflmao: looks good! i love working on nice cars.
My theory is that if more men hung BMW emblems from their flys, their chances of getting laid doubles.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
haha youre probably right! how is that working out for you?

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Looks nice.
What do you use for polishing.... DA? Rotary?

Also, what compounds do you use?
Care to write a brief overview of how you did it?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha youre probably right! how is that working out for you?
Haha, Girlfriend of 3 years... but its cuz I'm sporting a chevy:bowtie:

Looks nice.
What do you use for polishing.... DA? Rotary?

Also, what compounds do you use?
Care to write a brief overview of how you did it?

Everything on the car was done by hand...Took a while.
I went through the whole poorboys lineup from Chris. The package didn't arrive by the time I was hoping it to ( nobody's fault but mine) so the detail got extended over a day because I could only do so much

To start things out, I washed it twice ( I'm weird like that, I like to do it again just to make sure nothing was missed). As for wheels, I came across some spray on foam and rinse off stuff from Meguiars, I'm sure there's a lot of other company's with the same stuff, but it was on sale. It was just to help out anyways. Scrubbed everything down and used a spray and gloss from Poorboys just to give it a little something to stand out with the tires. For the tires I used a NoTouch spray-on which is quick and easy and I like the outcome.

Did the interior the rest of the day. I use the Green Machine for carpets, but surprisingly I didn't need to on this. Just vacuum and some simple carpet cleaner for some small spots.
For the leather, I used a bunch of stuff. My girlfriend rides horses and works at a tack store, so I get all the leather stuff from her. Lexol was for the majority of the cleaning. For stubborn spots I use Belvoir Glycerin. It works great. After all the cleaning, I condition the leather with Oakwood.

The next day I show back up and find out that the gardeners had put the sprinklers on in the 10 minute span of me leaving to them putting it in the garage..... Pissed me off

Cleaned it up with PB's quick detailer. Then fully applied PB's polish with sealant to the car. And to top everything off, applied Pb's EX-P and let it sit for about 20 minutes and hand buffed off.

The after pics are from today, over a week later, and all I had to do was go dust it off to make it look like it did the day I last worked on it.

Overall, I really liked the outcome of the entire car. Chris helped out a lot with the PB and all the tips and what not on how to use it all, not to mention the trouble I put him through with stupid UPS. The products used are absolutely incredible.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car looks awesome Mike! Nice work, especially working by hand! The pws topped w/ exp looks great on there!
Thanks Chris. I had talked about possibly throwing on the Natty's blue on top of everything, but now I see what you mean by it doesn't need it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
i got your pm mike. it looks dope as hell. i cant wait till you get your hands on my truck! it doesnt need much work but i wanna get you on it for sure

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got your pm mike. it looks dope as hell. i cant wait till you get your hands on my truck! it doesnt need much work but i wanna get you on it for sure
Yeah dude, we need to figure out a time that works, weather permitting. This was an 8 year old car and I still can't get over how well the Poorboys lineup works. Weekends work best but if we can't nail that down, then I'm more then happy to tweak things around.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
nice work man, after looking at that reflection pic you look EXACTLY like my cousin and his name is mike also kinda freaked me out for a second haha

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mike, where can i get some HID's at because i want to put some in today
Cody, I checked out Kragens, Autozone, Pepboys, and I even checked Sears, and none of them had any. I'm assuming you want the whole kit. I'd say order them, get better deals and be sure its what your looking for.
My stock headlights are bright as hell. I piss so many people off with just the headlights, and then when I put the fogs on it's worse then other peoples high beams. I never have to use my high beams, I haven't seen your truck at night though. Just my thought.

nice work man, after looking at that reflection pic you look EXACTLY like my cousin and his name is mike also kinda freaked me out for a second haha
Damn dude, thats crazy. Small world...

·
Registered
542 Posts
aight dude thanks for all the info, i was about to go on a wild goose chase to find some. so you dont think that it would be worth it to get highs and lows and fogs? just lows and fogs right?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
aight dude thanks for all the info, i was about to go on a wild goose chase to find some. so you dont think that it would be worth it to get highs and lows and fogs? just lows and fogs right?
It all depends on personal preference. The look and clarity is pretty cool, but coming from a financial standpoint it might not be worth it to get it all done. I have yet to need to use my highs. I'm guessing you'll want a full conversion kit but they do get pricey.

·
Registered
542 Posts
yeah im not sure how much i have to spend but how much do you think a full kit would cost and could you link it to me? and do you know how to install them?

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah im not sure how much i have to spend but how much do you think a full kit would cost and could you link it to me? and do you know how to install them?
PM sent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts