GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing new body bushings on my truck. The step bars held water and salt and rusted out the washers on the body bolts. I have a temporary washer in there now to get me by for a short time. I am trying to find the oem rubber ones but I am having no luck. Has anyone tried the prothane mounts? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prothane-99...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f30cc400f&vxp=mtr

I am hesitant to get the poly ones because I've heard that they make the ride alot stiffer. If anyone has any insight or alternatives please let me know!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I got poly ones and I like them. But the ones listed for this truck and sold by Summit are ovals not circles so I had to bore out every whole, that sucked. Those ones look they they are circle where they go though the mount though

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got poly ones and I like them. But the ones listed for this truck and sold by Summit are ovals not circles so I had to bore out every whole, that sucked. Those ones look they they are circle where they go though the mount though
Now that you said that they are oval shaped. Hmm Thats going to suck opening the holes up to fit the oval shape.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
just get the energy suspension ones, we put a set on an f250 and compared to the clapped out ones, reduced body roll some

1 - 5 of 5 Posts