GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I am about to start my body drop on my 00 reg cab...ive searched and read everything but still have a couple of questions.

first off you guy that went 3' did you just take it out of the mounts on the frame..ive seen people do both of the cab and frame but I was wondering if I could just do the frame..

next question has anyone moved the cab back lets say a 1/2" or full 1" to give a lil more room at fire wall for tires? and blower motor..planning on running 24's

any pics or links would be awesome..thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you're channeling your truck you will want to lower your bodymounts 3" as well as z'ing the front frame horns and bring them down 3". As for the rear you can raise your bed floor to bring the bedsides down 3". As for moving the cab back, you can move it back .5" or so but you'll have to move the front frame horns back as well. You'll also have to narrow the rearend regardless of what tire size on a 24" wheel. Mines bodied 3" on a 24x10 with a 295/35/24. I had to modify my blower box just a tad and you'll most likely want to swap out to a hydroboost for clearance. You'll have to remove the emergency brake pedal if you already haven't. If there's anything else I can think of I'll post it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You will have to remove your cruise control or relocate it depending on your tire size

1 - 3 of 3 Posts