GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard that body dropping a daily driver isnt a smart thing to do. I really wanna bd my truck but its my only means of transportation, any opinions?:superhack

·
Registered
32 Posts
i dont feel there is anything wrong with a b/d daily driver. Bags are more impractical than a b/d. A body drop wont have mechanical failure like other mods.

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Well, if it's done right I suppose it wouldn't change much. Only thing I'd be afraid of is riding low like I like to do, and instead of the frame smacking the ground on turns or bumps, it'll be a rocker panel or somethin. Lots of people do it with no problems.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive heard that it will cause problems to the tranny and drive shaft,a buddy of mine's truck is body dropped, and he never had any probs with it till it became his only transportation,but it was also a ford.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Sounds like someone's body drop was done wrong.

Thing is, if done right, the geometry of the tranny to the axle is gonna stay the same. Only the came will come down, and you cut out for clearance anyways.

My truck will be my daily, and its channelled 2.5" on 22's.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah y2ksierra got it working for me,this is a pic before i got kp components in the back,now it lays full frame,thanx dude. your truck is sweet bro,love the wheels

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanx bro,can anyone help me with a new pic that i have,it was taken with a dig cam and i cant uplaod it to the site,can someone help me out,it lower in the new pic

1 - 20 of 47 Posts