GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting itchy to try this and was wondering what all I needed to do it and what is the best way to do it?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry I didn't clarify, I'm just going to body drop the floor, or raise it up 6 or 7 inches then lay sheetmetal over it to make it smooth. That way I can go just a tad lower in the back and not have a hole in the bed showing plus that way if I ever body drop the truck I won't have to do much to the bed. I was thinkin the easiest way would be to get another bed floor from a junkyard and putting spacers in between the stock floor and this one, but I don't know how well it'll work.

·
Registered
559 Posts
well our trucks only need like a 3" bd so what guys do is just cut out a 3" strip or however big u want it to be all around the inside of the bed,then weld the two pieces back together and then u can hide the seams with the sheet metal u said u were gonna do

·
Registered
559 Posts
but if u bd the bed u might have to notch the tailgate a little bit,u know how there is a little lip from where the tailgate meets the bed floor,that bedfloor will now be higher up so the notch is gonna come up higher too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts