GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get the steering extension on it's a 3" bl the steering shaft won't line up at the joint it wants to be at an angle when it's spaced out. It's driving me crazy, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
pics bud

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Its really close but it won't straighten and just slide in the extra 1/2"

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
When I put mine in, I don't know if it was the one coming from the cab or the one coming from the bay, but one of them had play where you could push/pull up or down to insert it into the extender to get the bolt in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the one coming from the cab will move a good 4" or so but it won't slide in because of the angle that it's at

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Yea the one coming from the cab will move a good 4" or so but it won't slide in because of the angle that it's at
:hmm: and there is no play on the other side at all? Or are you just afraid to break something? Shouldn't be like that I don't think, you might get a little resistance but...:shrug: Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences. What brand is the bl?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I've pulled down on it pretty hard but can't get it to go enough. It's a performance accessories kit.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
shucks man, is that the only thing holding you back from finishing the install?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea but the truck still needs alot of work I barely drive it so it's not a huge deal I guess haha

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Cool, have you tried getting in contact with PA?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I bought it used off here so I know it worked on another chevy so I'll mess with it a little more first.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i had no problems with mine it slid right in, only thing i would tell you to is to take the extension back off and make sure there are no burs or anything preventing the steering shaft from sliding into it, with it being used theres no telling, it could be bent or gauged up on the inside...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mine did the same thing I put the bottem side on first and then had a buddy get behind the wheel and turn the wheel just a little untill I could get it to line up more and just shoved it togeather I think we even jacked the truck up and turned the wheels a little that way the hole for the bolt was faceing up so u could drop the bolt in from top to bottem

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything slides together fine, both top and bottom shafts are lined up, they just won't get straight enough I've got a couple ideas of things to try so I'll see if it works when I get home from work

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Fixed yet? Hope it get's figured out soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not yet I didn't end up messin with it yesterday it was to hot out I just wanted to sit inside after work haha

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Can't complain about that one bit :shake:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I messed with it for about a half hour today and got no where I don't know why I am having so much trouble, it should be pretty simple haha. I got pretty frustrated so I'm gonna just let it sit for a few days

1 - 20 of 24 Posts