GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99' Silverado 2WD with a 7" fab tech lift and 35x12.50 GoodYear MT/R's. the rims are 16x8. I have no rubbing because of the trimming I've done, but I would like to sit a little higher. The 4 wheel drives with 6" sit higher than me and it pisses me off. Do you recommend putting a 3" boy lift on top of the 7" suspension. would 10" on 35's look dumb. Also will it rub if I put 36x14.50's on a 16x12 rim. What about a 37x12.50 on a 16x8 rim. Tell me what you think. all the shops are quoting me like $900 here in vegas so I might do it my self, is it hard?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
$900 is a complete rip off. The instal isnthard if you are somewhat mechanically inclined and have the right tools. Im doing a instal article taht isnt done yet but reading it may help you some. just remember, itrs NOT DONE YET so there are some steps missing.

http://homepage.mac.com/darketernal/NBSBL.html

also most of the tools needed are listde there, just missing a few of the socket sizes.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. One of my friends has done a body lift for me before and he said he would do it again. With out knowing how much labor is involved I dont no how much to offer him. any suggestions? 4Wheel Parts told me that the BL cost $270 and the gap gards cost $75. so I am already in $345 with out paying him.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
dreamrr said:
Thanks for the help. One of my friends has done a body lift for me before and he said he would do it again. With out knowing how much labor is involved I dont no how much to offer him. any suggestions? 4Wheel Parts told me that the BL cost $270 and the gap gards cost $75. so I am already in $345 with out paying him.
A case or two should set him stright if hes a good friend :crazy:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hes in need of some money and I think this is a good way to help both of us so I'll save the beer for an afterwards celebration.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I charge like 100-150 for an instal, a 4x4 shop typical charges 400+

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am going to order the BL tomarrow, and get it all done on sunday. He's charging me $180 then $275 for the BL. So $455 and I'm 3 inches higher! I decided to not get the gap gards for now and see how it looks. If I need them, I'll get them! I'll post pics soon.

·
previously USMC05
552 Posts
Yea 3" body lift would be good i payed like $200 or something for mine and i did it myself it was pretty easy just time consuming the 10" wide wheels look good too they jsut make ur tire look wider! :bowtie:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the body lift and gap gards on now. I love it. 10" with 35's looks awsome. I didnt think 3" was going to make much of a difference but I am pretty huge now. I will post pics soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts