GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Urban Hick
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently sold my 01 chevy 8.1/allsion for a 01 chevy duramax/allison there both 2500 hd obviously...the problem i ran into with the 8.1 i couldn't find a body lift for it...i assume the motor is to big and you can't lift the body around that pig...well now that i got the duramax i wanna body lift it for the time being...you guys on here truly know everything, so where can i get one perferrably performance accesories but any kind will work... also im looking at buying an Edge Juice programmer with the monitor and egt sensor just wondering if anyone on here has had any problems i need to look out for with running a programmer...a couple of local guys messed up there diesels pretty good but they were running them all day long, i want might for weekend ricer killing fun...also is royal purple worth putting in your diesel? i love my truck so price is of no concern....i'll try to get some picks of it on here tomorrow i gotta get a new camera so this is a good reason to buy it

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Check out ebay for a body lift. They are usually reasonably priced on there. You could also go to BDS suspensions web site and get one from them. Shipping seems to be really fast with them. As far as programmers go. Look into the Edge Evolution. It comes with the EGT sensor and is very easy to use and very affordable. My dad has it on his truck and it is amazing.

·
05 Jacked GMC
80 Posts
Ive got the edge juice w/ attitude programmer and its been pretty sweet so far, had it in for prob 50000+ kms. I used to run it on lvl 4 and 5 before i got my lift and tires, now usually keep it in 2 or 3, which is still tons and i havent changed gears....which i should. I was also wondering about body lifts for my diesel.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
From what I have READ. Body lifts for diesels are NOT doable because of all the intercooler piping and what not.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I have a Performance Accessories BL on my 8.1L 2500HD. Its definitely do-able. You just use the PA-183 kit for 01-02HDs. There are no fitment problems or anything. Straightforward bolton just like every other kit. A couple other around here run the same kit on their 8.1 HD's.

Also, Performance Accessories also makes one for the diesels. They make a 3" BL kit for the 03-05 Duramax's (part no: 10123) and for the 06' Duramax's (part no: 10203)

Search for 8.1HD. He has one on his 8.1L HD, and also did a thread/writeup about putting one on his buddies 01-02 Duramax HD. I believe he just used the same PA-183 kit for the gas motors and did just a tiny bit of custom work.

·
Truck Nut
169 Posts
Performance accesories sells ones for both trucks! They have a 3" and a 2"~
Dieselplace.com is the source for any duramax needs, questions, or just plain reading!
I have the edge/attitude in my truck with no complaints! Seems to be reliable, smooth! Make s decent HP and Torque~! All around good deal! Let me know if you want one soon! I might sell ya mine!

·
Urban Hick
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot guys i'll check out that diesel site...didnt even think about the intercooler i'll look into the bodylift a little more my local 4x4 shop sells bds suspension lifts thats what i got on my burban...i was bidding on an edge juice attitude w/ monitor but somone got it from me at the last minute it ended when i was at work it came with the pillar mount...i definately plan on putting on the egt sensor better safe then sorry...my friend has one on his 02 he hauls a 40 ft goose neck with 2 pull trucks on it...its great blowing by people on the freeway just puffin black smoke...im goin to get a new camera tomorrow so i'll have pics of the beast on here...plus im thinkin of gettin personalized plates that say: BLK CLUD not sure how i wanna do the cloud part yet but seeing how its a black truck and it will billow out black smoke it seems fitting

hey 2dmax let me know...is your intake chromed or black im looking for a chrome one....also how do u like the mbrp exhaust? i love mine right when it hits about 2 grand and the tone changes, i've never had more people stare at me when i go rolling in it i love it...

·
Truck Nut
169 Posts
My intake is all black! God the intake tube is huge! Looks sweet in the engine bay!!

The exhaust is nice! I have no cat and no muffler so I have a super loud truck! I see people plugging there ears all the time when I drive by and I scare some people when it hits 2K when I'm gettin on it!
Never really realized how loud it is till a buddy drove it one day and I got to hear! I love it!!
Diesel place has got lots of edge programmers in the for sale section depending on how much you are looking to spend!
License plate idea sounds sweet! Although i don't think you will throw much black smoke! Even with mine on 5 it doesn't billow smoke out! Unless you do some differn't fuel mods you really can't get the huge black smoke!

·
Urban Hick
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i have no cats on mine either its got the tuned muffler(if thats what you wanna call it) still on it ...thinking bout taking that off but i gotta wait till i get my tips on...i made some 5in dia. 24" long tips out of some tips i got off a semi from work...i hacked off my tail pipes tonight right at the 45 and im putting these bad boys on tomorrow...i threw them on quick tonight at work way different tone...its lower at idle and more of a rumble when you get on it...i'll have to take it to the local test tunnel to see the difference but i'm sure i'll be happy...yea some trucks around here from the local diesel shop billow out lots of smoke but they have hella work done to there trucks i just want a little, i got none right now..

alright so i got a new camera and took some pictures of the truck but i cant figure out how to get them on here...sorry i havent done this in a long time...so any help in getting them on the net would be greatly appricated...

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
a body lift is doable on both the 8.1l and the dmax. but u will have to do something about the intercooler on the diesel, theres not alot of ppl with body lifts on diesels, mostly for that reason, imo i would just get a suspension lift instead, i just personally dont like the look of the huge frame gap on them with a 2-3" BL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts