GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is totally stock including the tires and once I added the body lift it rides a little rougher (maybe bouncier). I guess I wasn't expecting it. One of the main reasons I did a body lift was because I wanted a quality ride after a lift. I'm now wondering once I put my 295's on will it add to the bouncy rougher ride? I was planning on cranking my t bars for like an inch of lift and now I'm gun shy of that too. I have 5100 shocks ready to go on so hopefully that will help. Just kind of took me by surprise. It's not real bad but noticeable.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
it's in your head. :imo i've never noticed anything with any body lift on any of my vehicles.

·
Registered
957 Posts
huh? do you realize that a body lift does nothing but replace stock rubber bushings with larger rubber bushings? :D

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
lol. your just feeling the slightly different handling characteristics of the additional height. It's negligable at best, since the majority of the weight from the chassis remains in the same location.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I have had body lifts on all of my trucks and it has not affected the ride stiffness at all. It will change the center of gravity and will have more body roll then stock. But that is all.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
A body lift will do just that, lift the body. It will not affect the suspension in any way. The only thing it will do is create more body roll but not make the ride bouncy in any way.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually do hope it's all in my head. It could be like you guys said. a different center of gravity causing more body roll. Plus the roads suck ass around here.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
:slap:

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
yeah my truck rides the same with the body lift, but I notice after I installed my body lift that I was 3" higher I was really suprised:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts