GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for guys that have installed body lifts.Im thinking of putting on on my 95 ext cab.Do most kits come with everything you need?How hard is it to install?How long does it take?Anything I need to be concerned about?just looking for some general comments on what to look for and what problems to look out for before I decide to do it.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Make sure the kit you buy is for your truck and yes it will have everything you need. It is not really that hard, just dont try to cram it in in a few hours. Get a weekend, get a buddy, and a little beer wouldnt hurt. I can do one in about 4 hours with a friends help, and i have only done 3 before, so i think around 6 or so if you get the right kit. Just take your time and read the directions and you will do just fine. Air tools will make it alot faster as well.

·
got beer?
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man,I have air and air tools,what about raising the bumpers?do most kits come with brackets or will I have to make them?what about brake lines?radaitor and fan shroud?and anything else connected to body?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
make sure your kit comes with the right instructions! if they are missing, or for a different vehicle/year, you can find the instructions online. I would just read all of the instructions first, before getting into the project, and make sure you are up to it.

They aren't that bad.. good luck! and have fun!

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
It will come with bumper brackets and all the necessary shit. Even the stuff to lower the fan shroud and all that good stuff. I dont know if you will have to extend brake lines, but its not really that hard if you do. Make sure you get a PA Kit.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I call BS on being able to do one alone in 4 hrs. Ive installed alot of bodylifts and work fast. I work on trucks damn near every day and it takes me 6 hrs to do one alone. A first timer it very well could take 10+ hrs if by himself.

Also check to make sure it has the bumper brackets, some older kits its an option.

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
I call BS on being able to do one alone in 4 hrs. Ive installed alot of bodylifts and work fast. I work on trucks damn near every day and it takes me 6 hrs to do one alone. A first timer it very well could take 10+ hrs if by himself.

Also check to make sure it has the bumper brackets, some older kits its an option.
With a friend ... Its much easier to have some1 helpin you. Who has a general knowledge of tools.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
benhiers said:
I have a few questions for guys that have installed body lifts.Im thinking of putting on on my 95 ext cab.Do most kits come with everything you need?How hard is it to install?How long does it take?Anything I need to be concerned about?just looking for some general comments on what to look for and what problems to look out for before I decide to do it.
Give 4Wheel Parts a call and order up a BL and Gap guards and if you have any knowleged of trucks and their make up do the install yourself. It will save atleast 200 to 300 dollarrs. Some jackasses wanted 500 to do my lift and i did it all for only around 230 or something. But the main thing is to get a performance accesories lift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.