GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i got a 3 inch body lift on a '96 chevy silverado, would it be noticable? (I want to get the lift for show and offroading here and there) I want the body lift first, then the tires, then a bigger lift. Would the BL be noticable?

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
I my honest opinion, yes. It would be noticable that you have a body lift. All a body lift does is lift the body off the frame thus leaving more frame exposure, especially on the underside of the vehicle. Especially on the 1988-98 GM trucks since the frame sits really low already. However, for some people, a body makes more sence than a suspension lift because a suspension lift is considerably more expensive than a $150 body lift. It's all a matter of cost and need. :)

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yeah, you see a whole lot of frame hanging down. I personally don't like blifts for a lot of reasons but one being all the gaps everywhere and all the frame showing...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
I think it looks fine as long as you run the gap gaurds in the back fenders so you can't see the bl.

·
Banned
487 Posts
if done right it can look good.. nerf bars will help cover the frame showing.

look here in the offroad forum, DE just did a body lift on someones truck i forget who?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts