GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Body lift is on now...PITA :nono: Full Throttle didn't give me all my damn front bumper brackets so I'm rolling with no front bumper.

Now that it is in it is harder to shift gears. Like its alot more tight. Before it was like butter and it would slide. What's up with this BS?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
you have a manual tranny? If you do its got a hydraulic clutch and shouldnt need any kinf of modification and shouldnt shift different...

·
6,656 Posts
wait... please dont tell me you bought the 4.5" one they make, or made, havnt seen one in ages...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it from them but it's performance accessories and its a 3". I don't think 4.5" look bad on 99+ but complete shit on trucks before that.
I have an auto tranny

·
6,656 Posts
wait, your shifting hard and its an auto? Or is it hard to switch into 4wd and its a manual t-case? If its the tranny here is what to check. Its a cable actuated system, and the cables may be binding. I dont knwo exactly where they are because ive never had the problem, but they are somewhere under the carpet on teh floorboard I think. Maybe someone else has more info on this.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is the transmission. I haven't tried the t-case yet but it looks like I shouldn't have a problem. It's not hard but harder than it was before. I found it odd but didn't think too much of it

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
shouldn't of changed anything, did you put on larger tires? i dont understand why it would shift differently

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its all on. It's easier now so I just think things had to loosen up alittle. Can't shift into 4-lo so gotta mess with that tomorrow.

·
6,656 Posts
zubyc said:
its all on. It's easier now so I just think things had to loosen up alittle. Can't shift into 4-lo so gotta mess with that tomorrow.
Thats your shift linkage hitting your fuel lines so dont try and force it, just go under and move the fuel lines or whatever works best for you.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Is it a NBS if so i have some pictures of how to fix the 4wd shifter prob, if you haven't seen them already

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I looked at them and thanks for posting them...quite informational :worship:
I will probably fix that soon and I went in today to Full Throttle to get my bumper brackets I was missing.
Got my quote for lift, rims, and tires installed :nono:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts