GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok another 2 ?'s on body lifts
1. when the body lift is installed what happens to the tow hooks, don't they stick out the body when u lift it what do u do with them...
2. the bumper is connected to the frame...that way if someone hits u it doesnt do that much damage, but when u get a body lift and u get the brackets that lift the bumper even with the frame im guessing that they some how detatch it from the frame and hold it up with some brackets...now if someone hits u it tears ur bumper and rear end to shit...am i right?

can someone please explain these to me...
thanks

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
You dont have to keep making newe threads pertaining to simlar questions.
tow hooks can be flipped and yuoll still have to cut the valence to fit them if you keep them. other guys will chime in though

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Yes there are brackets that lift the bumpers up to match the body but i dont see a collison causing that much more damage because of the brackets. Tow hooks can be remounted and if you do it right, they will actually look decent and be functional.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
If you have a hitch (and 99% of lifted trucks do), that will save your ass in a rear end collision, not the bumper. Besides, if you get rearended whoever does it will be paying to fix your shit anyways...don't worry.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
If you lift high enough when they hit your they can repair everything under the bumper lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts