GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im told that FBI has body mounts for nbs trucks that lowers the body im not sure how much lower, any one else hear about em?

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
Never heard of them, and this post is of no help. But I know grounded has an inch or so drop out of his sectioned bodymounts.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I was looking under my truck the other day and looking at the bodymounts. It would be sweet to be able to switch them out and get another inch or so of drop...but it is no telling what other clearance issues might come about by doing this. Seems like it would be the opposite of a bodylift though...by just replacing the stock mounts with poly ones or something about half the size :shrug:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
FBI is 20-minutes away from my house and I would be cautious in purchasing anything from them. :read:

www.FBIMini.com
Word! They sent my friend a jacked up rollpan that they 'Custom' made for him and we went there and picked up parts in person to inspect them :crazy:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
it would be nice just to switch out the body mounts and lower it another 1" but i have heard there is clerance issue's when messing with those things...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
I was looking under my truck the other day and looking at the bodymounts. It would be sweet to be able to switch them out and get another inch or so of drop...but it is no telling what other clearance issues might come about by doing this. Seems like it would be the opposite of a bodylift though...by just replacing the stock mounts with poly ones or something about half the size :shrug:
I've thought about this also. what do you do with the bed then? It'd be almost as easy to bodydrop the whole truck......ok, maybe not.

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nah...i just gotta cut out like 2x14" section where my notch is and then a little circle so my pumpkin can come through

·
Registered
384 Posts
ituck22s said:
nah...i just gotta cut out like 2x14" section where my notch is and then a little circle so my pumpkin can come through
He means if you drop the cab you have to drop the bed and the radiator support which means the fan shroud is one thing that will need additional altering.
If you drop the cab by using mounts you have to drop EVERYTHING else so the body lines line up..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts