GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally have done it fellas. I got the body lift from Tex Lurch in on Thursday just as was promised (great seller) and I put it on today with the help of 2 friends. Thanks Stephen (in one of the pictures below) and Jonathan because they helped a done and it wouldn't have been done with out them. It took us a little over 7 hours to get it all done, but about 80% of that was the gap guards, bumper brackets, and such. I can not believe that I wasn’t going to do the body lift y self and I am so glad that I have friend who are mechanically inclined. The truck clears my 35’s pretty easy if you ask me and I am not sure what tire combo I am going to go with now. I did it with the PA body kit and it worked and went together greatly. Well enough rambling here are the pics that you all want.
P.S. I will get better pics tomorrow when it is bright and sunny and nerf bars will be coming in the future to take care of that frame showing.
bodylift_009.gif

bodylift_001.gif

bodylift_002.gif

bodylift_021.gif

bodylift_023.gif

bodylift_014.gif

bodylift_003.gif

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Looks good man, Its always a surprise what a mere 3 inches can do for a truck. I think if your crank the tortion bars a inch and a half or so and get some 2 inch blocks in the back its look really bad. Just my 2 pennies. But really, looks great and keep it up. BTW, how do you like your L5's?? My cousin works for kicker and got me a really awsome deal on some and now i just need to get them put in. How do they sound?

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Dont mind me chiming in again, just wanted to say. Freakin SWEET airdam!!! I love your rigging skills.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:head:Looks good Brian :head:

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Looks damn awesone dude. :head2:
In the second picture it looks like I have a twin out there. hehe

9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tha's my boy blue truck in the picture, but it used to be my truck before I sold it in order to get my Z.

Thanks for the compliments.

The L5's beat down pretty damn hard man. I really really like them and they can take some power. I feed mine about 500 a piece and listen to them wide open about 90% of the time i am in the truck and they still sound clean and tight everyday. I'd go for them man.

9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments guys. Next few steps are going to be exhaust ran to the corners with 4" SS tips, Nerf bars, and Rims and Tires

·
Registered
787 Posts
dude it looks damn good, a slight torsion crank and some 1.5 inch blocks would make it look freakin awesome. i wouldn't turn my torsion bars up much though, from what i hear it isn't too good and it rides like a bitch <--- i know from experience!

9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not sure on the tire and wheel combo yet to be honest. I was thinking 35's on 15x8 or 33's on 15x10's but I am not sure. I might try to get some 35s on 15x10 to fit with some trimming but I doubt I am going to go that far with it. Maybe just some wide 33's.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
why would you want to cram a tire under there like that? It just doesnt make sence to me, best off sticking with 33s IMO.

9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I already have 35's under there on the stock rims and they cleared fine with just a tb crank before the bodylift. So I am having a hard time justifing a 3" lift in order to run tires that are 2" shorter.

9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I believe I have decided on the rims. I am going to go with some Centerline Hellcats in 15x10. I just wish that I could find them in chrome, but I found them brand new for 515 to my door so that isn't bad at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts