GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching this, but I'm still having some questions because I have never been into doing motor work to my truck and now I'm trying to learn. I currently have a 2000 5.3 silverado and I have an aem intake, gibson exhaust, and I am getting some Pacesetter lts and ory. What other bolt ons should I do before I cam it and what all is needed to do the e-fan swap. I then going to do a custom tune after the cam.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
tune and e-fan are the only things left really i can think of bolt-on wise, but with the e-fan you need the nelson harness i believe.....

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Well if your going to cam it, you will want to get a tq converter. That will help alot. I know its not really a bolt on but will make really nice gains with your other mods.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I've tried searching this, but I'm still having some questions because I have never been into doing motor work to my truck and now I'm trying to learn. I currently have a 2000 5.3 silverado and I have an aem intake, gibson exhaust, and I am getting some Pacesetter lts and ory. What other bolt ons should I do before I cam it and what all is needed to do the e-fan swap. I then going to do a custom tune after the cam.

ASP pulley is good while you're in there for the cam as stated. New chain, springs, oil pump maybe. Ported TB too as stated.

Higher amp alt for the fans. 105A will not cut it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
yo justin, if your interested in a ported Throttle body, i'll be more than glad to take my intake off and show you mine. I do them myself for Lethal performance ^^his shop, if you'd want one, we could workout a deal ;).

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts