GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yah so like a retard I was power jacking today (well trying to...it didnt want to) and heard a big boom. Then i had a nice clunking sound while drivin. It then progressed to not moving at all so i had to front wheel drive it up the trailer. I knew it was going to go but i kept trying, god knows why. Tomorrow i'm gonna take the diff cover off and see whats left. I'll have some pics up too. I took some of my truck on the trailer but am too lazy to post it right now. I'll be running 4.88 and 31's! Anyone want to race to 30mph when its fixed? lol

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pics of me on the trailer....Didn't have time to look inside the diff today.
P4240039.gif

P4240040.gif

·
OG
6,939 Posts
ok what is power jacking and where is your front bumper at. I hate breaking shit, that is why i got away from jacked up trucks

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power jacking is when you put your foot on the break and gas at the same time to break the back tires loose :driver:
Front bumper is sitting in my garage waiting to be put back on. I've been really lazy after the I put the body lift so it hasn't been taken care of.
This is the first big thing i've broken on my truck. Of course I hope it's the last but i know it wont be.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Thats what i thought he meant but i have never heard of it being called power jacking

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Power jacking is something I do in the bathroom, but power braking is something you do in the street... :insane: . It's very hard on parts.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yah power braking is more common but alot of people around here call it power jacking.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
4.88s and 31s is going to suck IMO, way too many RPMs for a daily driver. you will rev through first gear so fast its crazy. :insane:

but as long as you plan on getting bigger tires then its definatly smarter to go all the way now

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yah im going to be running 36's for the first set then moving up to 38's on the second.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
willyswanter said:
Power jacking is something I do in the bathroom
I guess you have wireless intraweb too. Remember to use protection....lubricate often. Calis = lose of feeling. :insane:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts