GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for as low of a tone as possible, i dont want a muffler that screams rice. and im willing to sacrifice decible for a nice mellow tone. i was thinking a bigger case muffler would do that. any suggestions? on muffler size? and what pipe dimensions do i get for in/out on a 4.3? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a Flowmaster 50 series Delta flow on my '98 V6 truck. It was a single in- dual out with 3.5" tips. It sounded good and low, people thought it was a V8.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I was going to but the guy at the exhaust shop said they were about as loud as glasspacks are. :nono: I shouldn't have listened to him and put them on.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
I had an xr1 on my truck and it sucked balls
Thats cause you suck Ian......What kind of truck do you have again?

And yes they are damn near as loud as glasspacks but with a way better tone to them. Ive only heard them on cars though mainly mustangs and camaros, firebirds

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turbo XL or Pro XS ?? what will be the sound difference in the 2 on my v6?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i want as smooth and deep of a rumble i can get. ive had a magnaflow 18" straight-thru and the idle sounded good but it was really loud and ricey at WOT, and thats what i dont want. with the magnaflow, i lost low end power and gained a little more at wot. but i would rather have more at the low end.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can't remember the model number, but I put a Hooker muffler on mine, single in dual out dumped and it sounds great. It definitely gives it a more beefier tone, but nothing gross sounding. I've gotten alot of compliments from people (and shocked looks when they find out the tone doesn't measure up to the number of cylinders :))

before i put that on I had a Magnaflow which was too mellow for more, hardly any tone difference. And before that I ran no muffler for most of the week :) sounded AWESOME but just a little too little backpressure... good sound, no performance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts