GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 03' came with the Bose system. Subsequently I installed a JL 500.1 and two 12" W3s under my back seat. No matter how I tune my amp, it sounds like pure shit. Either the high bass sounds good and the low bass drowns out or vice versa... I think it's due to something Bose related (amp???). The last car I had this system in, it sounded awesome. I've put up with this b/s long enough. I plan on taking the system out and putting it in my 72' when the time comes but in the meantime I've got to remedy this. JL makes something called a Clean Sweep so that the stock head unit can be used but I don't know if this is worth it. Anybody know how I can bypass this Bose cluster-fuck?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
just get an aftermarket head unit. you'll be much happier. if you want to also replace your speakers and get a speaker amp.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
No highs, no lows, must be Blose. Only remedy is for the bose head unit to be in teh trash. Spend the money and upgrade.

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
Clean sweep = fail

Bose = epic fail

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
how did you wire it up, like where to?

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
BOSE fawkin sucks the big fat dick...... I couldn't even change the speakers w/ out blowing the door modules?!?

Mr. 960

·
9,823 Posts
BOSE fawkin sucks the big fat dick...... I couldn't even change the speakers w/ out blowing the door modules?!?

Mr. 960
huh? Either you were told wrong or did something wrong

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
:word: those 2 systems are totally independent from one another. Your door locks just happen to go out, and you think it was because you changed speakers.

Who told you that was the cause?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
nope i went round in circles with this one it would not work. Unless you did it in a 06 truck with BOSE, On Star and it worked..... please save your comments.:shake:

Mr. 960
Forklift's 12V knowledge > your 12V knowledge

·
9,823 Posts
nope i went round in circles with this one it would not work. Unless you did it in a 06 truck with BOSE, On Star and it worked..... please save your comments.:shake:

Mr. 960
I do this for a living fucker, save your opinion
Ive done every year from probably 98-08 with Bose or factory amps and Onstar and got them all to work and sound decent in their time (pre-03 Bose dont work due to them being on the analog network not digital). Sure they were still Bose, but Ive made them all sound better AND WORK so piss off!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I do this for a living fucker, save your opinion
Ive done every year from probably 98-08 with Bose or factory amps and Onstar and got them all to work and sound decent in their time (pre-03 Bose dont work due to them being on the analog network not digital). Sure they were still Bose, but Ive made them all sound better AND WORK so piss off!
Geez..... I was just saying what i did. Don't want to flame but did I call you a fucker?!!!!!! Tell me what I did wrong on my truck then!!! I've replaced speakers on all my cars.... including a 04 Sierra, no BOSE, 04 Yukon no BOSE.

I bought infinity 2.6 ohm coaxial reference speakers with the little button on the tweeter to change the high DB. I made sure that I used the correct adaptors, no cutting wires in my book, and I checked that i was hooking up positive to positive, negative to negative. Did the battery test on old speakers - you know, pops up = positive; down negative. Speakers played sounded good. First I did driver's door and killed all power to it...... GM fixed free (truck under warrenty) turned out to be the door module. Brought truck back unhooked battery and did both doors. Installed speakers put all back together, reconnected battery and then both doors went dead. I had to buy pass side module, and have programmed, and reprogram the new mod on driver's side. I then replaced with new BOSE speakers and have not had any problems!

So why not be a gentlemen, a teacher and tell me what I need to do instead of stooping so low and calling me what some bum can call me on the street.

Mr. 960

·
Flyin V Customs
1,782 Posts
i used the pac aoem-24 or something like that on my factory bose head unit and it sounded good. it allows you to hook up signal wires to the radio instead of messing with those setups that work off the back speaker outputs.

·
9,823 Posts
Geez..... I was just saying what i did. Don't want to flame but did I call you a fucker?!!!!!! Tell me what I did wrong on my truck then!!! I've replaced speakers on all my cars.... including a 04 Sierra, no BOSE, 04 Yukon no BOSE.

I bought infinity 2.6 ohm coaxial reference speakers with the little button on the tweeter to change the high DB. I made sure that I used the correct adaptors, no cutting wires in my book, and I checked that i was hooking up positive to positive, negative to negative. Did the battery test on old speakers - you know, pops up = positive; down negative. Speakers played sounded good. First I did driver's door and killed all power to it...... GM fixed free (truck under warrenty) turned out to be the door module. Brought truck back unhooked battery and did both doors. Installed speakers put all back together, reconnected battery and then both doors went dead. I had to buy pass side module, and have programmed, and reprogram the new mod on driver's side. I then replaced with new BOSE speakers and have not had any problems!

So why not be a gentlemen, a teacher and tell me what I need to do instead of stooping so low and calling me what some bum can call me on the street.

Mr. 960
hey you escalated it and picked the wrong night
You messed something up which had nothing to do with the speakers, but was more so in the install. Theres only 2 wires to hook up and they have nothing to do with the door module as the amp is elsewhere. My guess would be that you plugged in one of the plugs in the wrong spot shorting something out.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
hey you escalated it and picked the wrong night
You messed something up which had nothing to do with the speakers, but was more so in the install. Theres only 2 wires to hook up and they have nothing to do with the door module as the amp is elsewhere. My guess would be that you plugged in one of the plugs in the wrong spot shorting something out.
I double checked everything. I'm really curious as to why it would not work in this dum truck. I've installed speakers since I had my 1st car @ 16. Many GM cars, Pontiac Grand Am, 88 IROC - Z28, 04 Sierra, 04 Yukon, 86 olds ninety eight. I'm a perfectionist so I know knothing went wrong.

I can only think it is something with the built in cross over on the Infinity reference speakers 6022i. the moment i went back to bose all was fine. bose speakers are 2.0 ohms and these infinity were rated at 2.6, but on the ohm meter measures 2.3, and I did not trust the adaptors I made sure positive and negative were hooked up right. The delco plugs have A & B. In the older cars A was + and B-. On my 04 Yukon and 06 Sierra it is the other way around. And I confirmed testing the old speaker with the battery test.

what happened? it's all straight foward - why did these speakers mess with the door modules? Nothing would work.... not even my key fobs?

Mr. 960

1 - 20 of 22 Posts