GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 CC and trying to install a alpine HU. The window sticker says rpo UB1 Bose, so I got the interface to work with Bose. Now I have it all hooked up and the only way to get any sound is to crank it all the way, and then you can barely hear it.
I have the amp wire hooked up and am using the RCA jacks for the speakers in the back of the radio. Just like the instructions are saying.
I called crutchfield they told me it sounds like I don't have the bose system, they are sending me the interface that works without bose system to try.
I'm just wondering where, if it is there at all, is the amp mounted on CC with bench seats, and why can't I get this HU to work.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
i think you only have bose with a console.
do your speaker grills say "BOSE"?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the speaker grilles don't say bose, but I have the rpo code in the glove box and the window sticker has it on there as well.
Any one else have a CC with bose and bench seat?

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
can you take a pic of the harness on the truck side?

·
professional smartass
5,606 Posts
the speaker grilles don't say bose, but I have the rpo code in the glove box and the window sticker has it on there as well.
Any one else have a CC with bose and bench seat?
i dont think you have bose with a bench since the amp is in the console

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
Sorry man you dont have Bose, but dont worry if you want it that bad i could sell you mine?

"If you have no highs and have no lows its gotta be BOSE"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UB1 - AM/FM STEREO W/CD, CASSETTE AND BOSE SPEAKER SYSTEM
UQ3 - ENHANCED AUDIO SPEAKERS

This is copied from the window sticker. Not sure why it says bose when it's not? What is the RPO code that everyone else has for their bose?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry man you dont have Bose, but dont worry if you want it that bad i could sell you mine?

"If you have no highs and have no lows its gotta be BOSE"
I don't care if I have it or not, I'm going to change it out anyhow. I just want to hook up the HU I bought.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
UB1 - AM/FM STEREO W/CD, CASSETTE AND BOSE SPEAKER SYSTEM
UQ3 - ENHANCED AUDIO SPEAKERS

This is copied from the window sticker. Not sure why it says bose when it's not? What is the RPO code that everyone else has for their bose?
UQ3 Tells me you dont have BOSE its "gm enhanced audio speakers" UQx are the speaker system codes..

UB1 - AM/FM STEREO W/CD, CASSETTE AND BOSE SPEAKER SYSTEM (tells you what cd player you have) Its the same part number if it has BOSE or not.

***UQ7- Premium Bose Sound System*** THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

·
Registered
31 Posts
btw that harness that crutchfield sends you is a piece of S***. i had the same problem with mine. i tried both harnesses and got the same results with them and i have the bose system. i ended up going to a car stereo shop and buying their harness that they sell. no problems since i installed the one from the audio place

1 - 12 of 12 Posts