GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats needed to run the bottle on an air set-up along with havin a tank and compressor for when the nitrogen runs out?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I no longer rely on a compressor but if you are worried about running out of air in one tank you could always get a two tank rack(with 1 regualtor) and use one tank at a time. I use the first tank until it has about 450psi left then switch to the second tank. If I use the second tank until it gets too low I still have more than enough psi in the first tank to make it to the shop to get them re-filled...

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size tanks do you run and about how long do they last you? Also where do you buy the parts to run bottles? I dont really see any of that stuff advertised...thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
04FULLSIZE said:
What size tanks do you run and about how long do they last you? Also where do you buy the parts to run bottles? I dont really see any of that stuff advertised...thanks guys!
You can get the regulator from any local welding shop or online.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have two 122cu. ft. bottles. One bottle will last a pretty long time depending on how often you hit the switches as well as how high or low your regulator psi is set, and what size lines you have(I have 3/8). I once went through a bottle in 30minutes(almost continuous use) on a Saturday night. The longest I have went on one tank is about 2 weeks. If you like to air out everytime you park and at a few red lights while driving one bottle will probably last you a week(don't forget to close the valve on the bottle each time you are parking for more than about 10minutes because the connection at the regulator will more than likely have a very slow leak). You could also get larger tanks for more volume but they will respectively be heavier and cost more to fill. I got my rack, tanks, and regulator from EKMW but you could probably get the tanks and reguator from just about any welding supply shop. I get my tanks filled at welding supply shops and the price is about $15/tank for nitrogen and about $32/tank for helium for the 122cu. ft. tanks. Yet another factor is some welding shops fill the tanks to 2500psi while others may only fill to 2000psi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts