GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I helped put a 4" lift on a superduty and the weight of the 2 spring packs, 4 shocks, a floor jack, and a few jackstands put me to the bumpstops and all i have are drop shackles. My question is that even with a 4" drop in the back after i get the hangers, how will i have enough room even after trimming the bumpstops to load my dirtbike up.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Well put it this way.... When I dropped 6" in the rear and no notch for a few days, with trimmed bumpstops, I was literally sitting on the C-notch.

I'd honestly rather sit all the way on the stock bumpstops then be abotu and inch away.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
You should just get some "button" type bump stops instead of trimming the stockers. I woudn't expect to bottom out when you load the bike, but you will bottom out on bumps and dips with the bike loaded....

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
i have a 2/4 on my truck. with my bump stops trimed i never seemed to bottom out. i thought it was a pretty nice ride. ive had a bike in the back of mine and it just hits the bump stops over bumps, but it wasnt riding on them. now i took out the bottem helper spring to level it out a little more. and now i sumtimes hit the bump stops even with no weight. the roads arent bad here so it doesnt bother me, plus im going to c-notch it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts