GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i broke down and bought myself another nitrous kit. i couldn't pass up the cheap price. it's a NOS 5177 kit. has a 15lb bottle, guage, blow tube, 2 nitrous noids, 1 purge, 6 ft of purge line. i got it from a guy who only used it to purge 1/4 of the bottl in 3 months. here's a couple pics of it in his car

i'll have pics of the install into my truck shortly.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I love NITROUS OXIDE.. I was thinking about putting on my truck aswell.. But I got to take care the suspension mods first, then we'll talk about the go fast stuff..

:rocking:

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i sold the kit i had about 6 months ago. it was my first kit and worked very well. it was the edelbrock 70001. ran a 57# pill. wit very hard. never once had a prob. summit racing sells them for 349.95. i almost bought the kit again, i just stumbled over the one i just got for an awsome price.
here's what it looked like the first time i had it installed
http://www.sshotrods.com/performance/gmtruck/fullsize/99up/nitrous/
john(sshotrods) and i installed it. at mobile raceway, i was running consistant 8.3-8.4.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
he put that in his car and all he did was purge? I guess it looks impressive as hell when u purge at some one, but why on earth would u buy nitrous for just that?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hahaha, i wish i had more friends like that. its kindof like buyin a s/c but never hitting boost. You know it isn't any fun until u beat on it :devil:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
after all of the appearance mods i'm doin to my truck.. and with it bein a v6.. maybe i should get nos to back my self up if anyone ever wants to race :crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts