GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 95 yukon has one of the most bouncy rides of any truck/suv I've been in. the PO said he replaced the shocks just before I bought it and the look new, but it bounces alot when you hit a bump or just a small hump in the road. is there any way I could change the suspenion out with a newer one?

·
Registered
27 Posts
whether it is bouncing in the front or rear it is a shock problem. just cause the shocks are new doesnt mean that they are the right parts for that vehicle.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,649 Posts
the previous owner may have gone to Auto Zone and gotten the $19.95 el cheapo shocks that ride like shit no matter what

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
well shoot us a name brand of what you have now.... or are they the cheap black ones with no labels??? I like KYB or Blistien myself.

Mr. 960

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Bilstein FTW

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
his torsion bars could be shot to shit as well or it could be a combination with the shocks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they shocks do not have a name but thaey are yellow so I figure they're monroe shit. I'm getting some new keys (ford or max susp.) and shocks so should I get longer shocks? I'm planning on running 315's so I think the ford keys will do, so whick truck could I still some new torsion bars from that will be HD and fit?

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
Bilstein FTW
Exactly.

Ive got Rancho adjustables on my truck now and they are great. I can have a smooth ride when unloaded then when I load stuff into the bed or hook to a trailer I can turn them up to a firmer setting and it rides better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts