GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to paint mine white, is there an alternative to paintig that will last?...has anyone else done this and had good results?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
an alternative? i've know people who use vinyl that they make stickers out of...put the vinyl over the bowtie and cut around it with a razor blade:imo

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can i buy white vinyl from, would i ahve to order it?

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what is the price?...like does it come in a pack of X amount or can you just get what you need?

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
what u need....shouldnt charge u, if they do it wont be much $5

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they will put it on and cut it for me>?...dang, where on kaliste saloom is that?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
u could always take it to a body shop and have them paint it. almost all of my paint jobs on mine never lasted...except on my moms denali its still looking good.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Something as small as a bowtie, you could use Duplicolor on with ease.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
paint will last fine if prepped right or you could take it apart in paint it the inside

duplicolor will last on it

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone have some good instructions on how to do this properly?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I did mine black... i ordered the vinyl by the foot off ebay real cheap, its way easy just heat with blow dryer and stretch over and work slowly to take out all bubbles...

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i tried a few times and it kept getting airbubbles and when ide try to squeegue them they wouldnt come out and the vynal would tear or it woul d"pinch"

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I can't believe you can't put a vinal stick over your bowtie without fucking up..sweet idea btw. Just start at one end and work it across slowly making sure you dont let it get bubbled.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
never seen one vinyled but mines painted with duplicolor and looks good

·
Fat, bald guy.
672 Posts
i want to paint mine white, is there an alternative to paintig that will last?...has anyone else done this and had good results?
if you are worried about painting it, send it to me, i will paint/clear it for you, doesnt take long at all...

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Filler primer... sand with 2000 grit... spray 2 coats duplicolor and some clear. Allow plaenty of drying time inbetween.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts