GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was looking to throw a 12" Brahma MKIV in my truck. i want to run a ported box under the rear seat of my 2000 extended cab silverado new body style. i have an eD NiNe.1 amp and was thinking to get the Dual 4ohm version. any pointers or hints advice on how to build a ported box for that location? thanks!

·
1,847 Posts
just buy one...it's so much easier. I've built a lot of boxes and it's hard to get everything right unless u really know what you're doing. Especially a ported box, they are way more complicated

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
build it. There is no pointers. Even if you raise the seat 2", you're only going to get about 2.3 cu ft from it (then minus the port and driver displacement). I was going to do the same, but gave up. To get enough airspace for a good ported box, youd have to utilize the console area too along with under the rear seats. Subthump boxes FTW.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
use fiberglass for the bottom.:imo

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
even if you do, youre not going to gain enough space to warrant the trouble and PITAness.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
even if you do, youre not going to gain enough space to warrant the trouble and PITAness.
cornell got 2ft^3 after sub and port displacement(2.25 before) only raising the seat with a couple of washers.

·
S-Marts Top of the Line
191 Posts
if you arn't a box builder....you are wasting money even attempting to build your own ported box. I'm sure that anything you build will be to small, the port won't be tuned and the sub will sound muddy as hell

go to a local shop and buy a box

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
cornell got 2ft^3 after sub and port displacement(2.25 before) only raising the seat with a couple of washers.
That must have been one small sub and port to only take up .25 cu ft. The port I was looking at making took up around .3 alone.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so im about to build the box but was wondering if the specs of the sub effect how the box is shaped or what have you. any heads up? i know ported boxes need to use all the T/S specs to take advantage but yeah what about sealed? just cubic feet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts