GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size (cu.ft.) boxes are you guys running in your extra cabs 99-up?

the reason i ask is because i want to run two jl 12w3 v3 but need a box that is as close to 1.25 cu.ft as possible per sub, i found a box that is 1.42 but its a forward firing box, and im not sure about sound but i just dont want them kicked in, and i found a .92 as well but thats it

please help, thanks

·
layin big rubber
1,412 Posts
what size (cu.ft.) boxes are you guys running in your extra cabs 99-up?

the reason i ask is because i want to run two jl 12w3 v3 but need a box that is as close to 1.25 cu.ft as possible per sub, i found a box that is 1.42 but its a forward firing box, and im not sure about sound but i just dont want them kicked in, and i found a .92 as well but thats it

please help, thanks
can u build one ur self?

i think forward the subs will be more punchier bass
but with forward u can always put a grill over them so they won't get kicked in

if i still lived in san diego i could build u a box

i say try and get a ported box for them, they will hit alot better
maybe even some lift blocks to get alittle more space for a ported box

laters

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but what ported box will fit?

another option is i guess get the bigger of the two and modify it for down firing using glass and some creativity

anyone else have any info, everyone cant possibly be using tiny boxes

·
Registered
606 Posts
i had a box in my ext. cab with 2 jl 12w3v2 and it had a little over a 1 cuft., i made it myself and it turned out pretty good it was downfiring also. my next one i wanna raise my back seat to have a bigger box.

·
Pro Installz
1,047 Posts
airspace makes all the difference. If there is not enough room they are going to sound like poo. In that truck about 1.5 is all your going to get without picking up the rear seat. and then 2.0 is pushing it. You won't ever get enough to do 12's ported and them sound the way they should. I would stick with 10's sealed. I have 4-8in L7's in mine and its ok. I have heard 2 nice 10's sound just as good though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
well,fire the subs and port at a wall,like the pass. side or drivers side so the subs and port can load,a lot of people are using this setup on the DD forum and its working out good for them,should sound good and get loud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts