GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a box that will fit under my back seat for 2 12" solos. Do they make one or do I have to get it custom made?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i've never seen a pre fabbed box that fits well. My box (i wish i had pics) is 3/4 mdf all around, and a fiberglass bottom. It hits pretty hard for what it is.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
haha, you should have came to our meet... my subs definitely hit :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have three JL Audio 12" W0's, in a reg cab. They hit good, but sound very clean too. I would also have to say go with a custom box, I think pre-fabs look cheap and half assed. Custom doesn't cost that much more.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
you would have to go custom on that one

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I'd imagine you will need a custom box made. They look better and if built right, can sound better.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I have 2 L7 10" Solo Barics in my truck in a downfire box.
I had 2 Kenwood 10"s in there before, I just cut the square for the solo's and put some blocks inside the box to take up some air space, since the solo's don't need much. Then just screwd it in. I've had them for almost 3 years and still do great.
It wasn't to tough to do.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
I have 2 JL Audio 12's in JL Audio Vantage boxes ... they sound good and I like how they look but I wish I had now went with a custom built box. I've had my subs for a while now, this is their second vehicle .. so I will probably end up replacing them in the near future.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Dang i wish i had an ext cab so i could do a wall of 6 solo 15s. I just have two L5 tens in my reg cab they sound really good (was running 600 watts a piece) and hit really hard. It wouldnt surpirse me if i was hitting low 140s. They really amazed me.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
^^
I agree solo's are very clean hitting subs. My 2 10" L7's are nearly to much for me. I keep them turned down most of the time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
bvubed, you ever try facing the subs up. I know they wont go up with those boxes, but i think it might hit a lilttle better if you faced them up instead of down. Never tried though so i wouldn't know for sure.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Silvlowrdr said:
bvubed, you ever try facing the subs up. I know they wont go up with those boxes, but i think it might hit a lilttle better if you faced them up instead of down. Never tried though so i wouldn't know for sure.
some subs sound good when the sound bounces off other objects. Some don't Solobarics sound bad ass in my truck :rocking: Mine are firing up with about 1800RMS firing into each sub. Girls LOVE my back seat :naughty:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Silvlowrdr said:
My brothers '00 Silverado has two 10's in a custom boxes firing up, they sound good and really vibrate the backseat.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts