GMC Truck Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
and you need to create the persona that a bed is actually part of the truck. so you need some kind of tailgate area. also need to work out the background image to where you cut out. dont make it so obvious that you cut and paste the area.

·
GMFS ember
713 Posts
this one is much better than your last few, and thats mainly cause you took our advice. the front bumper looks pretty good, except for the burriness of the white line right by it. if you already merged the layers, a quick fix would be to copy the line/cement from the original picture and paste over the blur.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Erik Boyett said:
Hows the shadow on this one?

bryancopy-1.jpg
That's good, but needs to be a little darker.

See this truck:

avalanchetruck2.jpg

It has more of a darker shadow. Yours is good, just need a little more of it and a little darker. Esp inside the wheel wells.

Edit: Go into my toon thread in the PS section and see how I do the shadow for them.

·
GMFS ember
713 Posts
this may not apply on your newest edit, but i noticed on a couple of the others. your billet grill could use a little shading to give it some depth. also work on rotating the grill to match the horizontal lines of the grill shell

this is what i meant by the shading:
Contest-9-grill-2.gif

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
its still kinda shady, no pun, the rear of the bed looks odd, and so does the random "patch" infront fo the airdamn...actually the whole passengers side of the airdam looks a little out of place....sticks out way too much.

Dave

·
OG GMFS Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Yeah i fixed the odd rear part shortly after posting the pic and then i went and fixed the shadow under thr front bumper...im still working on making the passenger side of the bumper fit in with the rest of the pic...i think im done tinkering with it today...tomorrow i will probably get very little done, but i will try to make this an excellent photochop!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
The best way to make a shadow under a truck/car is on another layer. When I lower a truck, I have the entire body of it cut out and on another layer. Wheels and background on a layer below that. To make the shadow, all you do is make a new layer between the cut out body and background. Now click on your layers tab, and click and hold down ctrl while clicking on the pic of the body under the layers tab. This selects the entire body. Now make sure you're on that new layer for your shadow. You'll need to take your poly tool and connect the wheel wells since they were also selected in the process. Now click select-modify-expand to make your selection a little bigger. You'll need to play around with this. After that click select again and then feather. You won't need much of this, but again you'll need to play around with it. After that fill that selection with black to make your shadow and just erase the parts of the shadow you don't need like the top of the truck. You just need the bottom part. Again you'll need to play around with this process to get it right, but once you get the hang it, it's really the easiest way to get a shadow.

81 - 100 of 131 Posts