GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to know who makes a front braided brake line kit for a 2003 gmc serria. because i have two inch lowering spindles in the front, and the top a arm is fliped. now that its fliped the metal brake line fitting right at the caliper is getting pinched inbetween the caliper and the a arm when i turn it to full lock.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Earls' makes a set that replaces the rubber junk lines on our trucks. Is that what you are talking about? :think:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya, but the main thing is the metal fitting coming out of the caliper. because thats where its getting pinched. its not the rubber line thats getting pinched, its right where the rubber hose goes into the metel fitting. Obviously im going to have to get new lines, but when i get new lines i need like a quick 90 angle fitting that will come out of the caliper so the brake line will then go in a different direction to be out of the way of the a arm.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Oh I gotcha, sounds like ya need something custom done then. :think:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u think i should just take it to a brake shop that does custom brakes then.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You said this happens only at full lock nay?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup only at full lock. i was actaully thinkin of welding up the bump stops up a little but then ill lose a little turning. but then again i would be better than it is now

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Hrm, well I never turn to full lock as it's bad for the power steering setup... FWIW.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good point neither do i, mabey ill just weld up the stops a little. what u think?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Well, if that would help prevent/eliminate your troubles...it could be worth a shot. I'd say go for it if it is easy to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts