GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys went to install my new calipers last night and SS brake lines on the front finally and after installing the passenger side I go to bleed the brakes and there is fluid leaking out of the bleeder valve fully closed. You can't see the fluid at first but then pump the breaks and hold, then add the dust boot and sure as shit it leaks from the threads of the bleeder valve. I tried two other bleeder valves same problem. So after much frustration I removed the caliper and reinstalled the OEM one for now. Any one have this ever happen with the bleeder valve threads like this ? I removed the bleeder valve and looked at the bottom cone where it seals and it is all shiny and does feel not smooth I think thats the problem .. just not sure if I buy another set of calipers will it do this again too (these are remanufactured calipers btw from power stop) The rear calipers bleed fine no leaks .. but this damn front on, I don't even want to install the driver side now after this shanegins any advice?
I am ready to rip my hair out!!

· Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay ordered new powder coated calipers lets try this again, also ordered speed bleeders incase the bleeders don't seal I heard these can help this issue. Lets see how this goes!

· Registered
3,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn baller. I didnt know your doing a brake upgrade also.
Not necc. an upgarde yet bro (as in larger ) :) just installing all fully rebuilt calipers and brackets powder coated, SS brake lines, Slotted/drilled rotors, pads and some other suspension parts powder coated. The probelm noted here came when I went to bleed the new caliper kept leaking from the bleeder valve I have no idea why. I just ordered another set so I will deal with it next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.