GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done my brakes in the past but have always had the help of my uncle there and now comes the time to do my truck and will be doing this on my own

getting new rotors and pads

I know I will need the the red goop for the pads into the calipers(I feel Like a n00b since I dont know what it's called)

do I need grease for putting the rotor on the hub or no? if so what kind?

it's been awhile since I have done a set of brakes and just dont want to screw anything up

any help would be greatly appreciated

·
3,161 Posts
No need for that red brake quiet since good pads come with the plate. Centric pads and Centric rotors are excellent. Get the premium versions. Brake jobs on these trucks are soooo easy with these sealed hub units.

Nothing else needed just make sure clean the rotors of any grease like mentioned above.

·
3,161 Posts
Or that works :crazy:

I'll be running the 05+ Centric premium pads and slotted rotors with braided lines. Not for a while these stock brakes still have another 50k on them haha and I haven't changed them in 50k+. They sure suck though.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought this thing w/ 48 or 49k and I just hit 97k and doing the first brake job since ive got it

I want the ss lines but not enough green right now, but these things are squealing and it make me feel like I'm driving a hoopty, not to mention all of the dust right now

damn these things cant get here soon enough. picking up caliper paint on Saturday so I can paint them while I have it torn apart, going blue like the new zr1's

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
yes the blue is gonna look sick !

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
post pics... ill ps it.:shake:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.