GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum so Im not sure if this is the right place to post this thread.

Im having a brake problem, does not happen ALL the time but 70% of the time I hit the brakes it does and it is not only annoying but could definitely be dangerous if someone brake checks me or something... When I step on the brake pedal the truck feels like its coming to a stop but then "unlocks" or feels like if I let go of the brake pedal even though my foot hasnt moved..jerks forward and THEN it comes to a stop. It feels like if my brakes wont lock or as if I am pumping the brakes instead of just coming to a normal stop.

Im not sure exactly how to describe it...Just feels as if my brakes wont lock..and the truck has some nasty jerks. It mainly happens if I come to a quick stop like when I think I can make it through a yellow light and second guess myself and quickly step on the brakes..but now it happens even if Im just coasting at 20mph and I step on the brakes .....

I have not taken it to the dealer yet...I was hoping to see if someone could give me some/any input..maybe its happened to others?

Trim is a Sierra 5.3 Texas Edition SLE

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it is happening when you are slamming on your brakes to stop very fast, to me that sounds like normal operation of your anti lock brakes. ABS is designed so that you can not lock up your brakes if you have to slam on them. Does it feel like a pulsing in your brake pedal?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts